Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Tried a search as I am sure I have seen this before, but couldn't find the post.

I have a rattle that is either coming from the steering column or behind the clock pod on the drivers side of the car. This is not a continuous rattle but only when you go over bumps.

Sure this was seen in the early days and was cables, but can't remember which ones.

Car done 14,000 miles and here are some things to watch:

Wheels - oxidisation on two after the snow, no kurb damage so my dealer is talking to Ford.

GearLever Gaitor - Has a hole in it where it has been used and has creased, new one in the dealer waiting to be fitted.

Fuel - leaks through the vent pipe when refuelling and has done from day1, dealer has tried 4 times to fix and it still does it no matter how much fuel you put in - even if you only half fill.

Door seals creak - new seals fitted and they do the same, found that Audi/BMW's also do this and have bought some GummiPflege stuff to cure this, will have a go at the weekend.

Carpet wear - under clutch pedal, also doesn't fit in footwell but after all the other posts about refitting carpets will leave well alone - rubber mats are so good anyway.

Seat catch Squeak - posted that this goes away with silicon spray, it does for ages but needs to be redone after about 8months - the mouse is back!!

Fan Belt - Mine is noisey and a replacement has arrived

apart from that, cracking car if I am honest when compared to all the 'hot' hatches I had as well as 3series the boredom factor hasn't set in and I plan on keeping this one for a while.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi cornish

I also have noticed a slight rattle when going over bumps and i tell you what it was annoying me to distraction,however,i think i found it. The air vents have silver toggles on them and i've noticed they are rather flexible and they rattle like mad when the car goes over any sort of bump. Whilst driving along i put my fingers on the toggles and hey,what yer know, the rattle stopped. The only problem is i can't see a way of making them more rigid without putting tape over them or something.

This might be the same problem/rattle that you are experiencing.

Graham

·
Registered
55 Posts
I get a rattle from behing the air vents. I don't think it is the vents themselves. I find its not the vents but when its is rattling, it seems to stop it by pulling the top of the dash towards me from the storage tray.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A rattle developed in my February '09 Kuga after the first week. The road I travel to work is quite rough; this semed to have dislodged the cover off the battery box. The cover had fallen back and was rattling against the surrounding plastic. The catches on the cover seema bit flimsy.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Palder said:
I get a rattle from behing the air vents. I don't think it is the vents themselves. I find its not the vents but when its is rattling, it seems to stop it by pulling the top of the dash towards me from the storage tray.

Careful Palder, you don't wanna pull too hard or you might end up with the whole dashboard on your lap whilst driving....

·
Registered
731 Posts
I seem to be lucky (touch wood) I dont have any rattles or squeeks, well not since I had a new windscreen anyway!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had same problem with rattle from near the centre / centre console back in June straight after picking her up and the dealer diagnosed slack gear change cables which were replaced a week later. Once replaced the rattle stopped.

May be worth raising it with you dealer and asking them to check the gear change cables.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is more from the Steering column itself, will check under the bonnet for anything in there., will have a dig around at the weekend.

Update on the wheels - noticed the rear wheel on the drivers side has come corrosion - new wheels please mr dealer....

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is a little tube in the air right on the left of the battery box.It is covered with sort of hard plastick that touches the little white/transparent box (which cannot remember what exactly is) right on the left of the battery.Had this covered with sticky elastic foam tube and rattle over rough surface is gone.Try that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts