Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

just looking for some advice,

my Kuga is A 2018 titanium x sport and in June last year developed a noise at the back. It went into the dealer and they said they couldn’t find anything after having it for 4 days.
Today I’ve noticed it again and it is quite bad, managed to video it this time. Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences, I can’t figure out how to upload the video to demonstrate it.

many thanks.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have an annoying rattle on mine on start up pulling away under load, appears to be coming from centre area below gearstick. Only happens when cold and it’s gone within half a mile driving, never there when starting from warmed up....been to dealers on numerous occasions and had virtual strip out looking for it while under warranty but never found. ....dealer has heard it but as it goes off so quickly it’s impossible to locate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an annoying rattle on mine on start up pulling away under load, appears to be coming from centre area below gearstick. Only happens when cold and it’s gone within half a mile driving, never there when starting from warmed up....been to dealers on numerous occasions and had virtual strip out looking for it while under warranty but never found. ....dealer has heard it but as it goes off so quickly it’s impossible to locate
It’s so annoying, I wish I could upload the video. This is from the rear left wheel arch so concerned it’s something to do with the wheel etc

·
Registered
544 Posts
Upload your video to youtube then copy and paste the link onto here and that way we can all have a look.
That's what I would do mate.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Are you sure it's not rear seatbelt on the plastic trim?
I’ve had that one before, so annoying but not something you think about, always tend to look for a more complex fault, never the simple fix

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys - apologies for late reply... been to ford and no further forward... here is a link to the video, has anyone else had a similar rattle/squeak?

Thank you

·
Registered
544 Posts
I must be deaf?
I have listened a couple of times but cant really hear anything?
Just sounds like tyre noise to me?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must be deaf?
I have listened a couple of times but cant really hear anything?
Just sounds like tyre noise to me?

definitely a loud squeak haha... o well - ford have admitted they can hear it after a 3rd time in but no further forward.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
See if your rear bumper bar is tight where it attaches the metal body rear 1/4 panels. I recall someone else having rear end noises and it was the bumper moving against the metal body panel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See if your rear bumper bar is tight where it attaches the metal body rear 1/4 panels. I recall someone else having rear end noises and it was the bumper moving against the metal body panel.

Ford said they tightened everything up.... im at a loss and its driving me mad... not what you expect when you pay so much for a car. Other than that its the best car ive ever owned.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that if you cant suss out where the noise is coming from you have to TURN the radio up louder and the noise goes away ;)

Sorted matey :unsure:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Have you checked the spare wheel it might be polystyrene around the spare wheel which is squeaking ,,,,just a thought .i had a similar problem with one of our cars and that was the problem..

Ross

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've seen posts on the US forums where the rear shock absorbers can squeak. Then you've got the sway bar underneath that could also do it. You need to get someone else to drive and be in the cargo area to try and work out exactly where it's coming from.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts