Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering whether anyone else has had an annoying rattle coming from around the centre of the Dashboard.

Mine developed after about 3k miles and took it in to TC Harrisons Huntingdon with one of their engineers in the passenger seat before leaving it with them.

At the end of the day their diagnosis was faulty Gear Change cables (although I was sceptical give earlier posts about loose aircon pipes).

Parts were on order and arrived within 2 days and they did the work yesterday and the rattle has gone away.

The speed of their diagnosis leads me to beleive this may be a known problem (even though they would not admit it).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

Mine has two very annoying rattles, 1 from the centre console which I am struggling to source (thought is was the wee cubby on the top of the dash?) but possibly not. The other is killing me it is the back seat (the double part) when driving over anything but a marble smooth surface it rattles like mad, currently cured by a rolled up tea towel jammed between the seat and the tonneau cover

Will have to go to dealer

Anyone else got a seat rattle.............

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Cornish, it was worse when the car was cold and gradually improved as it warmed up. It was more noticeable at lower speeds and going over a rougher road surfice, very annoying.

Bigtaz, your centre console rattle sounds similar to mine (my rattle from the centre console was difficult to pinpoint too) so you may want to pursue the gear change cable possibility with your dealer - if necessary put them in touch with TC Harrison of Huntingdon who diagnosed and fixed mine very efficiently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts