Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Kuga for a month or so now and very pleased with the car, however, it has two niggling problems, one rattle at the back somewhere which I can't locate and two, the driver wiper hitting thethe plastic trim at the top of the windscreen, gets on my t......s

·
Registered
446 Posts
I also have an annoying sqeak coming from the back and don't know what it is, I tried tape under rear seat on the place were looks to be catches and no joy, I asked the missus to sit in the back and listen but she said take a hike..."I felt like saying Take the bus you ....."

I wouldlove to know how you get on as it is also getting on my T.Ts.

I just put the stereo on full tilt and that seems to work. although I think I might be deef soon.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have the full leather seats and they make a kind of 'farty' noise when the Kuga is moving but I do have a 13 year old son so perhaps it isn't the car after all.......

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Grizzly

Welcome to the forum.

Nice to see another Babber in the club

Did you use a Bristol dealer to get your hands on your Kuga?I used Brunel Ford at Ashtongate and I must say they were really verygood ( also local we live in Portishead ), and made buying the Kuga an enjoyable experience ( they even threw in ali scuff plates and fuel )
What Spec and colour did you go for?

Regards

Kugameister
Edited by: Kugameister

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Grizzly.

Did you read this thread? There was a rattle at the rear of the car...
Rattling Good Car?.
When I got my car I thought one of the wipers did not park low enough down the screen, I could see too much of the arm above the bonnet line. So I loosened the wiper arm nut and moved it on the shaft so it parked lower. I then checked that the sreen was cleaned properly and there was no contact with the bonnet or window surround and bolted it up. It's been fine since. Maybe one of your wipers is set high too?

Cheers,

Dave.Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi to OP,

Is it a rattle or a squeak? I found that the squeak stopped when I dropped the rear seats to transport a large coffee table so my assumption is that it's the rear backrest that's causing the problem. Car is in the dealers today to fix some other jobs under warranty so I will post what they have done to solve the problem.

Raymondo111

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Dave

Thanks for that, Iwill try your solution, the wiper does seem high so this is more than likely the problem, I have had some suggestions from you kind folk and hopefully will solve the rattle problem.

Grizzly

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi BigGeord,

Squeak has been fixed.... The dealer re-worked the rear seat catch on the LH side, unable to see anything yet as it was dark last night when I picked the car up and was dark when I left for work this morning. If I can see anything specific that they did I will let you know.

Raymondo111

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi BigGeord,

Re-work seems to be no more than greasing the catch but it seems to work for the moment, I will update if anything changes.

Raymondo111

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - first post so here goes. I bought my Kuga a short while ago and have noticed a rattling coming from the rear too. Took it back to dealer who instantly diagnosed the Tonneau cover as the problem and replaced it. However, when Looking in the rear view mirror I noticed that the noise was actually coming from a mesh mini-shelf which is actually integrated into the tailgate, and is designed to meet the Tonneau cover when it's fully extended(you could see it wobbling in time with the rattle). I'm taking it back in the new year to get it rectified. Not sure if this is possibly linked to some of the issues other posters are experiencing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a rattle / squealfrom the rear seat on the left....so eliminated everything and it still did it. So I let the back rest down and sprayed something similar to WD40 inside the gaps where the mechanism is and its been as quite as a mouse since.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts