Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 2 week old kuga tonight and noticed a really annoying creaking and slight rattling noise coming from the area of the radio, it happens under breaking, acceleration and cornering as well as on rough road surfaces, i usually have the radio on but with the radio off this would drive me up the wall, anyone else had anything similar?

Gonna call the dealers tomorrow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes very similar experience with mine. Its very sporadic though, not a constant noise.

Good luck, mine has been to the dealers 6 times and they still cannot fix it, the car is now 1 year old.

Really hard to pinpoint where it comes from, I have seen from other posts it may be hear linkage or air con cables behing there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rattle seems to be the radio unit, apply slight pressure with my hand and it stops, the creaking/groaning is sporadic and is harder to pin down.

·
Registered
418 Posts
over a year in and I still get the odd creak from the radio.

the more times the dealer removed it, the worse it got so I just left it in the end and it is much better today.

I have come to the conclusion that 'plastic' type noises will sort themselves out in the end...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radio rattle repaired, they inserted dampning strips to stop the rattle, the creaking started when the wife took the car out 3 hours later and it looks like when they removed the radio, they sat it on the gear knob and scratched it to ****. So i now need to take the kuga back again so they can look at the gear knob, then they will probably order the gear knob and i will yet again have to travel to get them to fit it

It's a 20 mile journey to get there, once i'm there im pretty much stuck there and i had to wait 4 hours this last visit.

Rant over

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi there,

I have noticed two types of noises:There is a rattling noise coming from the central-left air vent when driving over rough surfaces.When i press the silver air direction "button" it stops.Dealer offered a replacement under warranty.

The second is a spring-stretching noise under breaking/acceleration and cornering,coming right under the driver's seat.Dealer said that should tighten some springs behind the seat.

I will post more information after repair.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the Kuga to the garage to show them the scores on my gearknob and i also noticed that when they used the special keys to remove the stereo theydamaged all the plastic slots, so the facia looks crap and the car is only a month old, so it looks like i'll be getting a new gearknob and a new stereo, hope this new one doesn't rattle

·
Registered
92 Posts
this is an international phenomenon!They damaged the special stereo removal slots also to my car!In fact there is a scratch near one of them.Should I demand a replacement?I m really pissed!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go for it, they can only say no but if they have damaged your car, they should replace what they have damaged.

·
Registered
34 Posts
how they damaged it ? the ford dealer in Crete did it ?

do you have a photo ?

i believe that you should be more demanding from your dealer !

Hi; from Greece

Hope your problem be solved soon !

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have heard of this, the damage appears at the "key" slots, as if force was used in the wrong way. It is as if the "technician" does not know how to remove the stereo and doesn't learn until it's out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hahaha !
did he finally learn ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello Nasos

I would assume so.

My informant tells me that same stereo (DAB) has beenOUT andIN since (by techy), apparently with ease.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Interesting that the 2 problems I have are both covered int his post:

1 Rattling from Radio area of dash

2 Creaking from driver's seat

Have you had any resolution of these?

My dealer has been of no help at all so far.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Palder
its funny how different members have slightly different concerns. I am happy that I can't help you with your "problems" I have no rattle from dash or creaking seat. (cross fingers)

I have a titanium with sony dab and my niggle is the clock loses 5 or 10 seconds a day, this means I have to reset it every couple of weeks.

Problem is if you just set hours and minutes then press the button to lock it - the time is right but the date goes wonky. I have to reset the time and run through the whole sequence paging through day - month - year, before I lock it. I am going to raise a post on the forum to ask others if anyone else has similar problems??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well my radio is rattling again worse than ever, still waiting to see if they are gonna replace the damaged facia or the whole unit, they have my replacement gear knob and were wanting to know when it would be suitable to fit it, i said it would be suitable to fit at the same time as they sort the radio.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Guys I'm getting her to the dealer in eight days according to the scheduled appointment.They said they have found the cause and everything is going to be just fine.Also theyoffered a replacement for the damaged facia.What a shame for such a magnificent car to bother us with such FOOLISH issues.Shame...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Ditabl

ditabl said:
Hi there,

I have noticed two types of noises:There is a rattling noise coming from the central-left air vent when driving over rough surfaces.When i press the silver air direction "button" it stops.Dealer offered a replacement under warranty.

The second is a spring-stretching noise under breaking/acceleration and cornering,coming right under the driver's seat.Dealer said that should tighten some springs behind the seat.

I will post more information after repair.

Are you able to say specifically what was the diagnosis?

I have the 2 same issues and my dealership is unable to pinpoint the problem

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Palder,

The appointment is supposed to be for next tuesday.I will post as much information as I can as soon there is some.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts