Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
I don't think Forscan are accepting new members at present due to the Ukraine issues.

Full images are fine by me. You have option for full image or thumbnail after you upload the picture on the bottom left. If you make a mistake before posting you can either press delete or click to the right of the image and press delete or backspace on whatever device you are using. You can also click on the image and customise the size as you would if you were cropping a picture.

Note that where it should the image information at the bottom of the message when you post whatever is in there will be posted so sometimes depending on how you have uploaded the image, the image may appear twice.

To edit after posting just click on the 3 little dots top right of the post and click edit. Don't forget to press save at the bottom when you're done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So you don't have active user in forum. I don't remember like it was, but it may require someone approval or your activation email is hidden in spam folder.
Yep, MaoVi, this is a tricky one, just to clarify I received my Extended Licence Registration key email and followed the instructions to Load the Licence Key and all good - my issue is their invitation code on the Registration Page and if I need this to see a spreadsheet of Diagnostics codes for the audio. Alternatively can you send me your screen shots as I coulld see them too well on the previous message and any other documentation (spreadsheets) you might have as to what I will see when I run the software and attach to the port.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yep, MaoVi, this is a tricky one, just to clarify I received my Extended Licence Registration key email and followed the instructions to Load the Licence Key and all good - my issue is their invitation code on the Registration Page and if I need this to see a spreadsheet of Diagnostics codes for the audio. Alternatively can you send me your screen shots as I coulld see them too well on the previous message and any other documentation (spreadsheets) you might have as to what I will see when I run the software and attach to the port.
I don't think Forscan are accepting new members at present due to the Ukraine issues.

Full images are fine by me. You have option for full image or thumbnail after you upload the picture on the bottom left. If you make a mistake before posting you can either press delete or click to the right of the image and press delete or backspace on whatever device you are using. You can also click on the image and customise the size as you would if you were cropping a picture.

Note that where it should the image information at the bottom of the message when you post whatever is in there will be posted so sometimes depending on how you have uploaded the image, the image may appear twice.

To edit after posting just click on the 3 little dots top right of the post and click edit. Don't forget to press save at the bottom when you're done.
Ok thanks - so if FORScan are not accepting new members due to Russia/Ukraine issues which I have read about on their Forum, can I still use the OBD to change settings etc? - sorry always feel self concious about asking obvious questions . . ironically, as a teacher, I encourage my students to do this but doing it myself . . not always as easy!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
@Rick H. - this may be useful as well reference the licence and also for making sure the correct driver is installed for the OBD device. Sometimes just installing the driver isn't good enough. Check to see there are no Comms errors in ports in device manager with the OBD device plugged into your laptop but not with it plugged into the car.

I think the above posts give you enough info regarding Forscan and getting to grips with it but a few key reminders

Decent battery and charger attached when using Forscan is recommended
Save profile on first use
Photo or screen snip before you change anything
Only change what you need
When existing any screen always press the square stop button if applicable
Always press disconnect from car before closing Forscan off

It is sometimes daunting doing something for the first time. Me taking a hand router which I had never used before to a brand new oak door was extremely daunting.

Yes, you have pin pointed my thoughts on this - it is daunting but, I have watched my mechanic look at engine setings on my old and now sold Mondeo, using a diagnostic tool so yes I too would rather arm myself with the correct info and give it a go. Thanks for links and help so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Update 1: Centre speaker disconnected - not easy: First use a trim tool to remove top grill, remove two large hex screws, then remove the whole of the top unit (covering the CD player) by hitting the front lip with your fist fast upwards! Twist the whole top unit to the right as there is a wired connection, or just remove this connection and take the top unit off comletely. Finally unscrew the speaker (as you cannot reach the connections unless it removed) by removing the two smaller hex screws with a short hex driver as the windscreen is in the way.
Update 2: The sound has improved dramatically now hearing the true stereo spread and the losing of the mono centre sound and phase issues however, as an ex sound engineer, the system still needs help at the top end as the on board graphic gives you very little change. But I am not the main driver and I am still assessing if it is really worth car 'brain surgery' to alter equalisation that I may not benefit??
Update 3: However, I haven't abanadoned the FORScan diagnostic . . . but if I was going to attempt this tweek, then I really need more information regarding what each of the EQ selection #, on the spread sheet actually does. So for example the first entry is: 0=EQ Selection #0 (Flat EQ), the next is: 1=EQ Selection #1 etc up to #9. The following 6 start with: A=EQ Selection XX to F=EQ Selection XX
For me to do this I need find out what each of the 16 selections actually changes if anyone knows - also I do have a basic battery charger and the battery is fairy new, would this be enough to keep the syatem from dropping below the minimum voltage?
Thanks to everyone so far for the advice, especially Mat (MaoVi), but the paper work I down loaded was so extensive and complex, it almost put me off gooing in!!
Dare I say, I really need an 'idiots' guide to these Audio changes using the diagnistic tool - if, however, the word idiot! means this is not a task I should undertake - I am happy, though reluctant, to delelgate to my mechanic, and pay his fee!!

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,197 Posts
Could you post screen snap of your ACM settings? I can tell you which one digit should be changed ;)

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
Hi Mat, well the ACM settings are on the Excel Spread sheet you sent me, here is the screen shot View attachment 12900
What @MaoVi means is a screen snip of your current settings from the ACM in your car. You will need to connect up with Forscan to get that. You don't need to connect your battery charger for just viewing the information.

Reactions: MaoVi

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Yep, @smartguy69 this is what has not happened yet - I have not been anywhere near FORScan and plugging in as I mentioned before - this may be difficult to understand but actually the more complex the info I receive, the less likely I am to go in - as there is a certain amount of assumed diagnostic knowledge . . I have none!! So I do need a simple set of steps for me to look at the EQ settings, from sorting out the software on my laptop - which I think I have done apart from entering the Invitation Code which I haven't been able to get - to plugging into the port, to what I will see on screen etc etc literally step by step - this request maybe painful to those that know - but I feel I want to try something, based on everyone's help, before I bail out and pay for help!! If any one has the time to do this . . . greatly appreciated.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts