Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,772 Posts
It is quite easy to do. Depending on the year of your car the procedure to get to the CD player is very similar.

Sync 1 - 2013-2015 - Remove small mesh cover over speaker. Prise away top cover. You will need some trim removal tools and I had to hit mine with the palm of my hand to remove mine. It was tight. Remove rubber mat, undo screws and remove top tray. Remove radio control panel. You will now see CD player.

Sync 2 & Sync 3 - 2016 - 2019. remove small mesh cover over speaker. Remove screws and top cover. CD player is now exposed.

Depending on whether your system is sync 1 I would try to get another CD player from the same year as your car is it may need programming for your car and only someone who has Forscan can do that for you. It may not be just a matter of plug and play. As an example I have upgraded my system from sync 1 to sync 2 and had no bluetooth so I had to programme the CD player for bluetooth to work. I have just changed the CD player to a Sync 3 unit only to find that my rear parking chimes do not work.

The chances are is that the radio will work on whatever you buy but other features may not without programming.

What year and model is your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts