Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before today I had NO SOUND coming out of my speaker at all! No radio, no Cd, no incoming call volume, no rear sensor beeps. I had the same problem a few months ago but after a few weeks it righted itself!! Everything works perfectly !!
Now it’s happened again and been like it for about a month. In desperation (I’m trying to sell it) I took it to the Ford garage. They said it needs a new radio(£500 plus vat!! & labour!) I have picked it up as I’m undecided what to. But on picking it up I can now hear in coming calls but still no sound from the radio!!!Does anyone have any ideas what I can do rather than spend £600 plus labour on something I’m trying to sell.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An ACM (cd player) is relatively cheap to buy from eBay.
Thank you. So reluctant to spend money on it at all when I’m selling it and when it works sometimes and not others!! Last time it righted itself so hoping and praying when it comes on it STAYS on otherwise eBay it is. Do you know if Is it a big job for someone to fit it ?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,226 Posts
It is quite easy to do. Depending on the year of your car the procedure to get to the CD player is very similar.

Sync 1 - 2013-2015 - Remove small mesh cover over speaker. Prise away top cover. You will need some trim removal tools and I had to hit mine with the palm of my hand to remove mine. It was tight. Remove rubber mat, undo screws and remove top tray. Remove radio control panel. You will now see CD player.

Sync 2 & Sync 3 - 2016 - 2019. remove small mesh cover over speaker. Remove screws and top cover. CD player is now exposed.

Depending on whether your system is sync 1 I would try to get another CD player from the same year as your car is it may need programming for your car and only someone who has Forscan can do that for you. It may not be just a matter of plug and play. As an example I have upgraded my system from sync 1 to sync 2 and had no bluetooth so I had to programme the CD player for bluetooth to work. I have just changed the CD player to a Sync 3 unit only to find that my rear parking chimes do not work.

The chances are is that the radio will work on whatever you buy but other features may not without programming.

What year and model is your car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is quite easy to do. Depending on the year of your car the procedure to get to the CD player is very similar.

Sync 1 - 2013-2015 - Remove small mesh cover over speaker. Prise away top cover. You will need some trim removal tools and I had to hit mine with the palm of my hand to remove mine. It was tight. Remove rubber mat, undo screws and remove top tray. Remove radio control panel. You will now see CD player.

Sync 2 & Sync 3 - 2016 - 2019. remove small mesh cover over speaker. Remove screws and top cover. CD player is now exposed.

Depending on whether your system is sync 1 I would try to get another CD player from the same year as your car is it may need programming for your car and only someone who has Forscan can do that for you. It may not be just a matter of plug and play. As an example I have upgraded my system from sync 1 to sync 2 and had no bluetooth so I had to programme the CD player for bluetooth to work. I have just changed the CD player to a Sync 3 unit only to find that my rear parking chimes do not work.

The chances are is that the radio will work on whatever you buy but other features may not without programming.

What year and model is your car.
Hi
Thankyou for that. It’s a 63 plate Kuga Titanium. But it miraculously started working again a few days ago!! It did the same last year in the winter and then started working again 🤷🏻‍♀️
So odd but if it does it again I will certainly follow your advice.
Thankyou 🙏

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.