Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am a first year Product Design student studying at Sheffield Hallam University. Our new project brief asks us to find out a little about the Ford Kuga. So I would like to ask a couple of quick and easy questions:

How would you sum up the design/look of the car in 3 words?

Is there any aspect of the cars design you would change?

Where does the name "Kuga" come from and what does it mean?

If you would like to add any other comments about the car I would also like to hear them.

Thank you all in advance.

Andrew.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1. FunkyMasculineRugged2. The only thing I would change is some aspects of quality of finish - carpets, plastics etc
3. The name - I think you'll find something about this in the brochure. I think its meant to be non specific - to imply speed etc without being as obvious as cougar.
4. Ford should extend the range of engines. Higher BHP, better MPG - in an ideal word!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
1. A Ford Masterpiece.
2. Tailgate too heavy, needs re-balancing, split rear tailgate, pointless for larger items, capless fuel filler system flawed.

3. Needle cord shoes.

4. Some build quality issues need urgent attention if Ford are serious aboutit's aspirations that Kuga will be a world car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
After my first full day of ownership its hard to find fault but IF I had to change anything it would be as follows...

1 - Option of Mondeo 2.2 TDCi giving 175ps instead of the 136 with the 2.0

2 - DAB Radio included as part of the premium Sat Nav instead of me having to buy a 3rd party unit.

3 - The front bonnet trim, fog surrounds and top grill surround done in aluminium effect instead of the chrome in order to match the lower grill surround and roof rails

4 - The interior roof lining done in a darker colour like the Focus ST - something which I will have redone along with darker sunblinds to cut the light out from above!

Only "niggles" really but its the most impressive out of all the Fords I have owned!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Kuga Jon, See exactly where you are coming from, personally I would scrap the cheap psuedo aluminium trim and replace it all with all chrome . . . Classy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Two things have struck me during the last two weeks - it really needs better (for better read any) side bolsters on the leather seats and a single button for "dipping" the door mirrors for reversing would be useful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts