Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Gangnam 8 Speed Auto.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the button i press the button,light on button illuminates,dont see anything happening on the screen.

Does it only function in conjunction with/when other features are enabled and being used.

I have tried it when there is a mist on the inside screen on a muggy day,i have tried it on a misted very cold day,dont see the elements doing anything.

·
Registered
2021 Kuga Titanium Mk3, 1.5 EcoBlue FWD Manual
7 Posts
I see the button i press the button,light on button illuminates,dont see anything happening on the screen.

Does it only function in conjunction with/when other features are enabled and being used.

I have tried it when there is a mist on the inside screen on a muggy day,i have tried it on a misted very cold day,dont see the elements doing anything.
Without being disrespectful, are you pressing the right button? I frequently press the wrong button, even some months after having the car. The button for the heated windscreen should be next to the fan speed buttons at the bottom of the climate control panel. The buttons on the same row as the button for the heated rear screen are for directing airflow to the windscreen. The only condition(s) for the heated rear screen to work is that the ignition is on and/or, preferably, that the engine is running.

·
Registered
Gangnam 8 Speed Auto.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without being disrespectful, are you pressing the right button? I frequently press the wrong button, even some months after having the car. The button for the heated windscreen should be next to the fan speed buttons at the bottom of the climate control panel. The buttons on the same row as the button for the heated rear screen are for directing airflow to the windscreen. The only condition(s) for the heated rear screen to work is that the ignition is on and/or, preferably, that the engine is running.
Yep thats the button i press for electric heated screen (with engine running),i know there is a fan assited heated screen button on the upper climate control panel.I can see how people would confuse and you are right to point it out,the electric button has a wiggly wire symbol across the centre and the fan assisted button has several wiggly lines going upwards like a heat symbol on the button.:)

Looks like i have a faulty screen/relay/fuse/button/module etc,will be phoning Ford tommorow.

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
159 Posts

Below is an extract from the Kuga Handbook.

HEATED WINDSHIELD

Missing Image
Press the button to clear the windshield of thin ice and fog.The heated windshield turns off after a short period of time.
Note: Make sure that the engine is running before switching the heated windshield on.
Note: The system does not operate if the battery charge level is low.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,263 Posts
I know it’s a mk3, but haven’t others reported screen faults.
I give up what a bag of 💩 the mk3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts