Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it best to park your Kuga on the slopped drive front down or front up?

I park mine front down so it's easier to get out in the morning.

But are there any benefits for the engine when starting in the morning, As the oil will pool in the sump of the engine would it be quicker to be pumped one way or the other?

Just something I'm sure people would wonder about..................or is it just me?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,436 Posts
I would leave it parked with the bonnet to the road. Only because if your battery is flat it's easier to jump off. That would be a good habit if you ever get a car with electric handbrake. As for the oil I doubt it makes much difference.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Its safer driving off the drive rather than reversing off. You can see kids, cars etc sooner.

Always leave a manual in 1st in case handbrake fails.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,955 Posts
As above. The engine will have a scavenger oil pipe in the sump so no issues with the oil supply.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I would leave it parked with the bonnet to the road. Only because if your battery is flat it's easier to jump off. That would be a good habit if you ever get a car with electric handbrake. As for the oil I doubt it makes much difference.
Thats the right answer!!!!
in my youth (an age ago now) I always parked on a hill to make bump starting easy as the battery was suspect!

·
6,436 Posts
Thats the right answer!!!!
in my youth (an age ago now) I always parked on a hill to make bump starting easy as the battery was suspect!
I picked up on something the other day regarding the electric handbrake and basically you are snookered if you have a total failure of the battery as you will be unable to move the car if the handbrake has been applied.

Probably makes little difference as if the car's deadlocked then you are not going to be able to open the door with the skeleton key. You would have to try and manually release the bonnet catch to get access to the battery.

I am sure manufacturers give us these options and gimmicks with good intentions but sometimes fail to see the potential issue if something else should fail, or perhaps they are aware and just do it anyway. I see a lot of that recently when I see the national and local news.

Reactions: Martin1977

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's funny how we all see thing's slightly different.
murcod.......................It's easier to steal, I know where he spent his youth 😉.
obo110........................You can see kids , Always check for them as I live near a junior school.👀
Smarty69.....................Easy to jump off if flat battery, He's had the same old motors as me😁

I love a debate or a rhetorical question, what do you think?

·
6,436 Posts
I still remember the old cars when the last thing you wanted to fork out for was a new battery knowing if you could get through winter it would be fine. Money was tight 40 years ago. Some people are still tight today lol.

Reactions: Happyarry

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,456 Posts
murcod.......................It's easier to steal, I know where he spent his youth 😉.
Growing up in a small country town in Australia where you never heard of car theft?

Since moving to the main cities I've owned some "desirable" cars over the years. One had the window smashed/ hatch opened (with subsequent alarm going off) and evidence of someone trying to open the door with a coat hangar. I now do everything I can to minimise the attractiveness of my vehicles to thieves. The wife's car gets reversed into the driveway only because it would bottom out on the driveway otherwise. But it is always parked over the hump in the driveway- so if anyone decided to try and push it out onto the street they'd then have to struggle pushing it up hill. ;) It's the house's "work horse" and the one that gets parked in public car parks etc. It's got the scars to prove it. :mad: The other cars are locked away in the garage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts