Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the forum...
...I just received my new Kuga 2.5 Titanium,so I am fairly new here.I noticed this 3 slots on the car's main dashboard adjacent to the radio/cd unit.Does anybody knows what exactly is this and what is it for? In the manual it's described as "Card Slot" or something like that, I can't exactly recall.

...Thank you for any possible help.

Nick.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Hi f4e and welcome!

It's exactly as you described it, it's designed for keeping things like bank & credit cards or car parking tickets, that sort of thing.

Having said that I've never used mine as the slots seem totally pointless to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gazwats is again correct, it does exactly what it says in the description. Myself and the wife find it quite useful as she has a car pass for work and so do i, can't recall how many times we have been fishing around on the floor for our passes in previous cars and don't like sticking things in the sun visor. I thought it was a nice touch!

Jase

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
HiJase1, Roonies goal last Saturday at Old Trafford was "A nice touch" but as you all know by now I'd swop those slots for rear folding trays . . . anyday. Lol. Bob.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Bob,
call me over sensitive or even paranoid but over the last few weeks I am beginning to notice just a speck ofanger and dismay over the lack of seat back trays creeping in to your posts.

Now I may have this all wrong but that what I think.

Slimus.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Slimus you have no idea Matey you really don't, it's so annoying it's kind offunny now? sadly as you are aware I try and avoid "funny" but well spotted, no it's just one of those little annoyances that once in a while hack good people like us lotoff. If Ford had say responded with, sorry, but here's a bit of dirt from the bottom of theCEO Ford UK 's shoe, then hey, fair enough, but Nowt.. Nothing .. Ziltchit'snot good and although there has been not much response in favour of complaining en masse however your support Slimus has been noted. Lol. Take Care.Bob.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bobuptown, Re: "response in favour of complaining" I have my petition ready and if my Kuga arrives without "sbt's" I'll be on the front line of the picket with you.

PS. every goal scored by "Roo" is a nice touch.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
KugaKid & Kugace thanks for your interest andsupport. I have indeed written my second letter to Ford UK (will update on any developments) however judging from that initial "Tone" I honestly don't expect apositive result I just think what they have done ismisleading not quite the most appropriateword which incidentally begins with "D" but consider this,Fordhave had the ideal opportunity to rectify there failure to inform, and drop the tablescuriously howevertheir latest "oversight "is just totally unacceptable by retaining / carrying forward the rear folding tables in the very latest August 2008 Kuga brochure even though they are fully aware that anyone buying a Kuga Titanium will not get them,sticks two fingers up to it's tableless customers and in my opinion is just plain . . . . Cheeky. I know I keep going on about previous posters pointing me to the Ford Disclaimer now that a brand new brochure has just been released surely legally that Disclaimer should not apply.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Come on Bob your'e slipping.

Slimus.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...O.k. guys, thanks for your inputs...That's exactly what I thought these 3 slots are for.
...Nevertheless,given the fact the car is able to (almost) actually "speak" with voice listening to driver's voice, I was thinking
it might would be able to read credit cards or some kind of (future) special card!!!It would be possible though, through internet connection provided by these new mobile phones which can already connected to the car's system via bluetooth!!!Imagine the possibilities of such a feature...!!!Maybe my fantasy and imagination is running fast beyond today's cars but I'm sure in the next generation cars something like that will be a reality

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
2009 Kuga brochure Well spotted Digger& Slimusdoes being so (sickening for me) observant run in your family? hold my hands up sorryI got up L8. ( had a few beers night B4 2 and a meat pie Mooooooooooo)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello Fly4ever
That is not as far away as you think. You see this sort of thing being done on the "click" or "gadget" shows or even on jeremy clarkson but its too clever for him

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I dont see why the trays cant be fitted to your cars. When i had my drivers seat re trimmed (flakey leather) the new cover came with no new tray, and my dealer riveted the old one back into place. I think if you find a car with trays you should be able to find the frame inside your seats by touch and order fom the parts shop. BK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts