Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Kuga St-Line Edition 1.5tdci
Discussion Starter #1
Completely random thought.... Would a bluefin or such device work on top of an already remapped car ?
If so to what degree and/or detriment?馃馃

Registered
don't think so you would have to remove old maps before downloading new map.
wouldn't work when i had jcw mini map

Registered
Any remap overwrites whatever is already present in the PCM, so yes, it should work, but the results would be exactly the same as if remapping a stock car. Also in theory, if the remaping device (such as Bluefin) backups the pre-existing PCM, it should pick up the remap as the "stock" map of the specific car.

Registered
Kuga St-Line Edition 1.5tdci
Discussion Starter #4
Any remap overwrites whatever is already present in the PCM, so yes, it should work, but the results would be exactly the same as if remapping a stock car. Also in theory, if the remaping device (such as Bluefin) backups the pre-existing PCM, it should pick up the remap as the "stock" map of the specific car.
So does that mean if you are to use a bluefin when the car is already remapped it would make it faster still ?

Registered
No, I believe Blufin (Superchips) have prebuilt firmware versions.

When you download and send them your original map they will read the calibration/ strategy versions and supply the correct replacement map.

I've seen recently where Auto Kugas have been flashed with Manual maps (for DPF deletes etc), it only comes to light when they fail Clutch and Gear calibrations.

Be very carefull with whats been written to your PCM imho..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts