Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just replaced the bulbs in my friends '14 Titanium X Sport to LED's.

Glovebox
Footwell
Boot
Number Plate Lamps
Puddle Lights

I am posting this because the how too in the general section mentions unclipping the mirror glass but on my friends Mk2 we didn't have to.

All we had to do was tilt the mirror to the car and downwards.

From there you can pull the bulb holder out with a pair of long nose pliers and replace the bulb.

Below are some pics:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jagrs

Do you know the part numbers of these bulbs? Also where did you get them from.

Thanks for your help.

Hammie.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Jagrs you also siad you changed your glovebox bulb how hard was that.I changed number plate lights, footwell, bootlight,also I changed my puddle light bulbs with LED's using the same method you used using long nosed pliers that was not that hard. Thanks for help Titanium Kev.

Edited by: Titanium kev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hammie said:
Hi Jagrs

Thanks for your help.

Hammie.

Hi,

I used:

3 SMD LED C5W Canbus No Error Festoon bulbs

2x Number plate
2x Footwell lighting
1x Glovebox
Can't remember if it was 1 or 2 for the bootlight.

Like these :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-39mm-3-SMD-LED-239-272-C5W-CANBUS-NO-ERROR-WHITE-INTERIOR-LIGHT-FESTOON-BULB-/181405730087?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a3c9fc527

Puddle bulbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Light-Bulbs-T10-501-T10-9SMD-5050-CANBUS-9-SMD-White-Sidelight-/330660584256?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfce81b40

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Titanium kev said:
Hi Jagrs you also siad you changed your glovebox bulb how hard was that.I changed number plate lights, footwell, bootlight,also I changed my puddle light bulbs with LED's using the same method you used using long nosed pliers that was not that hard. Thanks for help Titanium Kev.

Very easy just unclips and takes a Festoon type bulb

Next job is change the standard LED interior bulbs as they look out of place now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi jagrs
Just to let you know I ordered the led's from your recommended site. Arrived the next day and fitted in minutes by your method. Made a world of difference, now all led's.
Thanks H.

·
Registered
60 Posts
jagrs said:
Hammie said:
Hi Jagrs

Thanks for your help.

Hammie.

Hi,

I used:

3 SMD LED C5W Canbus No Error Festoon bulbs

2x Number plate
2x Footwell lighting
1x Glovebox
Can't remember if it was 1 or 2 for the bootlight.

Like these : 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-39mm-3-SMD-LED-239-272-C5W-CANBUS-NO-ERROR-WHITE-INTERIOR-LIGHT-FESTOON-BULB-/181405730087?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a3c9fc527

Puddle bulbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Light-Bulbs-T10-501-T10-9SMD-5050-CANBUS-9-SMD-White-Sidelight-/330660584256?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfce81b40

·
Registered
60 Posts
How can the above part numbers be right, I followed
them ordered the parts nothing like what they should
be I have a mk2 the bulbs in mine are capless not festoon

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That's some very poor info from jagrs, the MK2 doesn't use festoon bulbs as you've found out at a cost.

I've got these in my mirrors and they are very good. These used to be in the sidelights on my last car and I tried them as puddle lights in the Kuga wondering what they'd be like being forward firing and was very happy.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
They are the ones that sit next to the main beams rather than the led strip below each lamp, thanks.
So your DRL is a halogen bulb run at lower power? You'll most likely run into issues with replacing it with a LED bulb. I recall it's been talked about before- search may find info?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts