Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though the Kuga has been around for a few months now, people are still fascinated by it. Still notice sideways glances at traffic lights and I sat in a pub restaurant not long ago and watched someone walk all around my car trying to work out what it was! Has anyone else had this type of experience?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Championkuga
I get it all the time, It freaks me out when we come out of the supermarket and someone is walking around the kuga giving it the once over! I can only imagine that you would only get this sort of attention in a supercar, aclassic ora KUGA!

I like to think that they're looking at my handsome looks and not the kuga, but I am probably wrong!!

Kugameister

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup - get it all the time - it's funny, we wanted to get a discreet car after getting so much attention in the RS! Ain't worked!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think that Ford have done a poor marketing job on the Kuga, and a lot of people are unaware that the Kuga actuallyexists ( they think youdrive a Crappy ford sports coupe! ) So People are genuinely suprised when theyactually get to see the car.
Also I think the Kuga looks so much better whenyour up close and personal. Photos don't seem to do it justice.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I only have seen 1 or 2 in real life, so it is a very rare car in The Netherlands.
And when you have a rare car..........you get a lot of attention!!
I really like this by the way

·
Registered
28 Posts
You lot have shattered my illusions - thought it was my good looks and not that of the car that was getting all the attention! Have had similar experiences in car parks and at traffic lights, but take it in my stride because we are always going through exactly the same with the other set of wheels which are a Honda Goldwing GL1800.
Edited by: Dragons Wings

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parked next to CR-V today (I do this a lot if I see a comparitive rival car with a space next to it! Am I sad?) I always tend to think ofthe Hondaas a lot bigger than the Kuga. Suprisingly there really was not much in it at all and although I don't dislike the CR-V, the Kuga is certainly more stylish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I still haven't seen that many on the roads having said that the car industry is not exactly doing great business at the moment is it? I saw one in my local Ford dealer when taking my wifes Fiesta in for a recall last year, I have to admit to being totally blown away and almost forgot what I went in for and walked out with a Kuga brochure.
Don't take this the wrong way but I have been drivingAudi`s for years and have become used to high build quality and would not have considered a Ford until seeing the stunning Kuga, Iv joined the forum for some driver opinions as I cant stand smarmy car salesmen, who knows by late summer when I plan to change my A4 I could become one of you

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of interest, what is it about the Kuga that attracts all you die hard VW/Audi/BMW drivers? There seems to have been a few converts already.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it looks German, if it had a BMW or Audi badge on it you wouldent bat an eye, Im a bit surprised to see Ford producing such a great looking car, sorry but they have been also rans in the past and the buildquality of my wifes Fiesta bears this out, having said that you get what you pay for, I got her an almost new Fiesta Zetec for
7.5k when the main dealer wanted 10k for the lower model.

Im also impressed that they have seen a niche as its not a full blown 4X4 and is capable of reasonable economy, having looked at the Kuga I have to admit that the build quality was pretty good.
Edited by: DaveG

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting, I agree it looks Germanic. I've seen reviews that say that the Kuga is a copy of the X3 in looks, Don't think so! The X3 is looking rather dated now but I do rather like the Audi Q7.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This will sound daft butI dont like the Q7, its a brute of a vehicleand is a bit OTT for me, I cant imagine running one what will it do to the gallon? 20mpg if you are lucky, to me a car has to look good, be practical and be reasonably economical to run.
The Kugadoesent look like an X3 its looks far better

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Q7 is quite chunky looking and starts at £38k so rather a hefty price too and the X3 is about £11k more for the same spec as my Titanium. I am so pleased with the Kuga, wouldn't swop it for the Beamer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
championkuga said:
I am so pleased with the Kuga, wouldn't swop it for the Beamer.

I totally agree as the car i'm getting rid of is a beamer and i've never really liked it and have found the whole BMW experience slightly overated. Can't wait for my Kuga to arrive, (hopefully less than two weeks now!)....Yeah!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Happened again today. Looked out of the window and there was this guy walking around my beast. He was looking at it from all angles, peering through the drivers window and even bent over to look closely at the wheels. I had to go out and ask him what was going on. He was raving about the Kuga. He had never seen one in the flesh before and said it was a really beautiful car. Mentioned that he had bought a Mondeo titanium X last year but said mine was even better with a fantastic spec. Of course I then obliged by showing off and giving him a guided tour of the whole thing.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I had the same expericence this week. Someone was looking at the car from all angles etc. As he approached the car, i blipped the key fob to flash the indicators, he made a retreat. lol.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I still find a lot of people looking at my Kuga when I drive by and especially when sitting at lights.

And its soo annoying when you say you have a Kuga they think you said Cougar!! Why would I want a car that went out of production years ago!! And when I correct them theyre like "Oh never seen one of them before"!! Hitting head off brick wall moment!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Comment of a mate I seen today in the petrol station:

M8- "Nice van Dai, what is it"

Me-"A kuga"

M8-

Me-"It's the new 4x4 Ford have brought out"

M8-"F**k me, it's lovely in fact! How much fella?"

Me-"£15,500 with my Ford discount"

M8-"F**k OFF! Looks a good 35k's worth"

Nuff said

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ha ha, Dai. Obviously a man who knows class when he sees it!
Been to a family reunion today and my cuz says " Trust you Sarah to turn up in a bloody tank! What the **** is that? "So, as before, I have to give the guided tour etc etc.............

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stopped by the shop beside our local VW dealership last week and ended up parked next to a used Tiguan. While I was in the shop, all the sales people from the dealership flocked around the Kuga, obviously doing a comparison. There were one or two sulky faces when I came back and a little touch of "mutter, mutter". Rather pleased with that, actually!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts