Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think thisdeserves its own thread!
Has anyone any experience with clear protective film? There are quite a few vulernable places the Kugas paintowrk could suffer, such as the rear bumper and rear door sills... why did Ford only make front scuff plates!?!?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I spoke to Jarrod at bodyguarduk.com today. They're based near Silverstone.

They do a protective film pack that includes the following for £399 (noVAT on that as they're not VAT registered yet)...

- Front Bumper

- Front of Bonnet (whole bonnet option)

- Chrome strip on bonnet

- wing mirrors

- Parts of the wings

- headlights

He said that he could also do the top of the rear bumper and rear door steps.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I do think the rear Back door step could do with something there to stop it getting mark
when placing items in the boot ,all our shopping Girls

a protective film would be a good idea

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Speedy

Let usknow if the bumper bib works for the shopping please - need to know if it folds away easily - can't have it flapping about when you're driving your cool motor!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was the main thing I wasnt impressed about... It doesnt really seem to want to fold away anywhere neatly! There is a kind of soft felt on the underside to prevent your paintwork from being scratched, but this also acts as a magnet for bits, so you have to bat it and wipe your hand acros it each time otherwise it would probably have the opposite effect of what it's for!!! I have a boot liner and this helps hold the bumper bib in place.

It is a great idea... I just think it could be a bit better. (might just be me being fussy!)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought one of these dog hammocks (the type that attaches from the front seat headrests to the back ones)from a pet shop for£10 to try out as there is nothing really on the market for us Kugans : re bumper protection...it is made from a waterproof/goretex type material in black & has 4 handle/straps clipped together atboth ends... both handles go around the rear headrests (you can tighten the strapsso hammock pulls tight against back of rear seats& the restcovers the whole boot with approx 12" - 14"overhang which i simply fold inwards........ whenthe wife goes shopping (shopping trolleys from ****) she pulls the folded bit out & this covers the top & back end of the bumper...as this is black the same colour as the car it doesn't look too obvious !.... this material would only help avoid against nicks/scratches .... nothing too heavy duty !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Red Dragon

The dog hammock sounds like a great alternativeto all the expensive custom made stuff, but the thing that caught my eye in your post was - 'us Kugans' - love it - sounds like we are from the planet Kug!!!! na noo na noo

·
Registered
106 Posts
have you looked at halfords for theboot cover with extension very good
itemcode: 816843-0 Halfords Complete Boot and Bumper Protector

Edited by: Rspannerman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts