Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a transparent foil that will go on top of the bumper to protect it from scratches, especially from dog claws?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had one of these on my first Kuga and it was pretty good.

·
Registered
201 Posts
About a year ago Ripperoo fitted a bumper protector, but don’t think it was transparent. I think he said it looked good on his motor and I think he added pictures. I will see if I can find the post if it helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had one of these on my first Kuga and it was pretty good.
Out of curiosity I clicked on the link and this is what it described the protector as:-

"Transparent foil
Protects your vehicle’s rear bumper during loading or unloading. Requires fitment by a qualified technician. Incorrect fitment could cause permanent damage to the engine.
Helps to protect your rear bumper from daily wear and tear without compromising the look of your vehicle."

Quite how it could affect your engine in any way is way beyond my technical knowledge!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for the link, I’ll have a good look at it, most grateful. Anyone fitted it themselves?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just bought one so again, ta for the link and to RAZ5765, any tips on fitting or do the instructions actually work well

·
Registered
733 Posts
The one that Helipilot posted on the UK site, it's the "official" Ford protective film, finis 1843413, for about 30 quid, seems to be the best option out there ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I too have fitted one from day 1 of owning the car and 9 months later it still looks OK with no peeling anywhere. I quite like it as it protects whilst being invisible. Although saying that I now like the look of a stainless steel protection cover though like the ones on the driver and passenger door sills. I think I may still have the blue protection film on mine from new! LOL.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have the stainless steel protection cover on mine,looks good,think I bought it off eBay.

Ross

1 - 12 of 12 Posts