Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kuga Titanium X, Auto - 4WD, 180BHP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I’m having issues with my sunroof and sunshade, my battery died a while ago and never thought to check the sunroof but anyway. I’ve been searching high and low for information on how to get it all working again, I found a guide as follows for the sunroof;

Drivers door open.
Ignition - on, off, on
Press sunroof button once and then press and hold.

This worked to some extent, the sunroof tilted and then opened fully and closed fully but doesn’t do anything after this.

For the blind, it’s the same procedure as above and when doing it, the blind kind of jumps/judders at the front but doesn’t do anything else.

My only guess is that the sunroof won’t open because the blind isn’t responding.

If anyone can provide some advice on this I would greatly appreciate it, before I take it to a Ford dealer and get stung for something I could probably fix myself if it is just a case of re-programming the blind.

Thanks in advance!

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
There's a post on here somewhere describing things to try - use the Search Community box at the top of the page (y)

·
Registered
2014 Kuga Titanium X, Auto - 4WD, 180BHP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a post on here somewhere describing things to try - use the Search Community box at the top of the page (y)
Thanks for the advice but I've already tried searching the forum and Google (as stated in my original post) and explained what has happened in following the procedures mentioned. If you are aware of the specific post that says what to try then please do provide the URL so I can check it as I can't seem to find anything.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
Thanks for the advice but I've already tried searching the forum and Google (as stated in my original post) and explained what has happened in following the procedures mentioned. If you are aware of the specific post that says what to try then please do provide the URL so I can check it as I can't seem to find anything.
I'm sure someone on here with more knowledge of this will reply shortly - there may be a fuse that can be removed to reset something.

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
It was myself who did the original post.
Our sunroof then wouldn’t close, it almost get there and then back off to fully open.

I regularly had to do it and it was a new factory order build on a tit x sport.

The only other thing you could do is to hold the rocker switch until it has closed each part before releasing.

Otherwise I can’t help anymore.

Keeps us updated.

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
Press and hold the shade button and see if that’s forces it closed.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I wonder about the 'Global Close' feature - would that work or is it not available?

Reactions: Psshaw

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
Hey, good point.
press and hold lock button for over 2 seconds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Press and hold the shade button and see if that’s forces it closed.
so, i do the reseting the glass and the try to force to close the shade? the shade is in the middle position, i believe that has to be closed to do the ressetig right?

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
Closed I would have thought.
It will stop mid position as it thinks you want it there. So do the long press again to close fully.

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
I’m not sure.
there must be some form of programme / cycle for it to work.
look on YouTube as there are videos. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts