Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the appearance pack for my on order Titanium Kuga.
I asked the dealer to tint the front windows as well, but been told this is illegal - anyone know what the law is on this?

·
Registered
418 Posts
must not restrict more than 25% of the light as far as I know - watched a police programme on BBC.

If you tint them you can get stopped and have to remove the tints - not really worth it in my opinion, unless you drive a Corsa with a PHAT exhaust and everything else that stuck when you crashed intoHalfrauds.... :eek:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
The windscreen and front side windows come with a blue tint, and the rear doors and tailgate with privacy glass if you've gone for the appearance pack. You really don't wantthe front glassany darker - it's quite difficult to see to reverse with the privacy glass.

In addition, you will be illegal if you darken the front glass more than it is and will invalidate your insurance in the process!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think it would have been better if the front windows were slightly more tinted and the rear a bit less tinted so they matched and stayed legal. Or are the fronts already as dark as they can go?? Having the back a lot darker than the front makes cars look like vans IMHO!

·
Registered
126 Posts
amser said:
I think it would have been better if the front windows were slightly more tinted and the rear a bit less tinted so they matched and stayed legal. Or are the fronts already as dark as they can go?? Having the back a lot darker than the front makes cars look like vans IMHO!

When my car eventually turns up I'm going to see if I can tint the front a bit as I have a lux meter and as long as the meter reads at least 75% on the inside as the current level out side your legal. Will post my finding. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
63 Posts
Generally speaking, when a car manufacturer fits tinted windows (whether it be blue-tint, grey or brown), they are as dark as is legally possible (ie minimum 75% transparency).

So to add any more tint to get closer to the privacy would be illegal. And the Fuzz are clamping down on this, along with pulling people with non-conforming private plates!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts