1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Just been on the Archers of Ashby web site and found this not so good news

FORD GENERAL PRICE INCREASE
Ford Motor Company have announced a general price increase on all Ford cars effective 2nd February 2009.

Any vehicle ordered prior to the 2nd February 2009 will be protected against the price increase. i.e. if you order your vehicle on the 1st February 2009 but don't require delivery until 1st March 2009, then you will not be affected by the price increase.

I called archers and asked what the increase was likely to be on a newAWD 2.0 TitaniumKuga so theylooked through the paperwork and then said it wood be £500.00 to £600.00

·
Registered
20 Posts
Archers also told me that it may well be that Ford off set the price increase with some added extras for free.

I can't seethat Fordwould be stupid enough to up the prices when the motor industry is insuch a state!! May be they'll stick parking sensors or metallic paint on them all etc?!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Seems like maddness to me to. I was told by my local dealer that it would be unlikely they would increase the prices because of the state of things!
I'm certainly pleased I got my order in, I wouldn't have been able toafford the car with the increases.

·
Registered
153 Posts
At least there are tremendous discounts available to help, I know you may end up paying a few hundred pounds more next week for the same thing but still the credit crunch is good for one thing, cheap cars (although not so great if you want to part exchange something at the same time - kinda evens itself out I think).

Happy bargain hunting.
Edited by: rich_y2

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my last week for March and was told the same thing, and I was also told that all option as well will be increased.

Woody

·
Registered
260 Posts
When they last put an increase on the Kuga(October I think it was) they offered the Ford £1000 contribution deposit, and although the car went up by £400 you was still better of by £600 due to this discount.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The price is up by £500 on the Archers website who have also increased their discount slightly. But all the options have gone up in price too. :(

·
Registered
731 Posts
My dealer phoned me this morning, he told me the Kuga had increased by £600 and the new shape Fiesta a whooping £800!! He also said that Ford doesn't rule out another price increase because the pound is so weak against the euro.

·
Registered
106 Posts
well these price increases are really going to help the car market...but then the manufactures dot care because they just go cap in hand to the government who will bail them out with our money...so we pay twice for the car...happy days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts