Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Kuga with the Premium Sat nav without really knowing what I was going to get as I couldnt find much information on the Ford website or even on this forum. Having lived with it for two weeks I thought I would give my opinion now.
The USB option is great, you fill one of those memory sticks up with all your music and plug it in, its that easy. You can navigate through all the artists, albums and tracks. there are two shuffle modes for random play. Leave your ipod at home!
The mobile phone support is good too. Bluetooth connection was dead easy. After a few seconds your contact list appears. Dead easy to select and make a call. Easy to take phone calls, people can hear me clearly without having to shout.
The sat nav is OK, not as good as Tom Tom software in my opinion. Postcode database a bit hit and miss. You cant see where you are routed to very easily. Very sketchy POI's. Possibly the worst aspect is the mapping is rather out of date, although it is marked 2009 version on the packaging.
The sound quality of the unit is very very good. Lots of bass if you want and very clear detailed sound.
If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer them.
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Dave,

I'm due to pick up a new fully-loaded Titanium on Friday, including premium USB/BT Sat-Nav.

I was wonderingabout the video playbay capability, if any. For instance can it play DV via the USB, also can it play DVDs? - I currently own a kenwood which has twin DVD drives, one for the sat nav disc and one video playback.

I also wondered about buying a USB drive rather than a stick. I know that some HUs can take serveral minutes to read the directory list if there's lots of files on the USB device.

I'm planning to use my iphone with the HU. If I use the USB connection to playback & chargedo I need to connect up tovia BT for calls?

BTW: Did you get a new build with the design tweaks & increased fule tank capacity? I orderd mine in early May and wondered whether it would come in the revised spec.

Any info you have might save me time playing around this weekend.

thanks,

S

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks for the info on the USB & BT, very helpfull.

I too would be interested to know if the larger capacity fuel tank has started filtering through yet? Anyone out there pick their K up in the last week or so who can answer this one??

Should pick mine up 8/9 July.

Cheers

TK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Shaun,
I dont think there is any video playback. As far as I am aware the USB port only looks for music files.
The unit didnt work with my USB hard drive, but I bought a 16 Gb stick and that works a treat.
I think the only phone support is via bluetooth.
Dont know if I have the new build, but the tank took 60 ltrs when I filled it last night.
One trick I have learned is to leave the diesel gun in the filler for a few seconds after fuelling otherwise it dribbles down a drain onto the road
Hope you enjoy your new Kuga, let me know what you think of the Premium USB/BT Sat Nav.
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers Dave.
I figured DV would be limited. I'll report back on the fuel tank and test my USB drives. As I recall the new size is 66 ltrs. Just heard that ford has messed up with my order. I ordered 2wd and they have built a AWD. They offered a rebuild for 12wks time or £700 extra for the car , I've got them down to £400. Dealer pretty p'd off as their margin is now bust. Mrs is not too happy, even though resale value should be slightly better. I figure that the awd option for £400 seems good value, although my rav4 only experienced snow twice in 3 years.

Thanks,
S

·
Registered
173 Posts
Shaun you should've told them to cancell the order as you cant wait another 12 weeks and you will see how quick they will give you the awd for free. I did it when mine turned up without roof bars and they wanted extra to fit them soon got them and didn't pay anything extra

regards Graham

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks graham,

Considered that approach but I'd already pushed them hard on the original deal. They matched the "drive the deal" price and gave me 10k on a 06 st2 px. The st2 pads & tyres are now shot and it's developed creaking rear springs. Based on renegoniating a new(lower) trade in price & keeping the st legal in the interim, my view was that they'd try to sell the K on the forcourt as they've lost all of the margin on my deal and don't even have a new k in the showroom to sell ! Ford themselve took the hit as the dealer had no margin left to move on.I even factored in the delay in reclaiming the road tax on the st. 20.5k for the top spec awd titanimum without a ford priv voucher seems good to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am beginning to think I was lucky to get exactly what I ordered! Shaun dont forget to bear In mind the fuel consumption might be slightly worse with the AWD version. I agree with Graham, they should do the AWD for the same price as its Fords c*ck up. This really must be annoying after waiting 8 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know where your coming from guys, it's a fine line on how far to push really, there's a point where it makes sense for them to keep the K the showroom. Fuel shouldn't be much of a problem as I'm coming from a 20.5 mpg Focus ST2 and the company will be footing the fuel cost anyhow....

10mins later...

I've just scribbled down some numbers which indicates that the extra cost of the AWD over3 years @12.5k miles per year(road tax, company car tax & mpg difference) is approx £1400, which I'll be pointing out to Ford tomorrow. The extra residual value of the AWD after 3 years is bound to be less than £1.4k!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyway, the K's arrived with premium sat nav. Pluged the iPhone 3g into the USB.Track info and controls work fine but no audio :(. Any ideas?

P.S The Kuga's looking mighty fine!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
shaunyf said:
Anyway, the K's arrived with premium sat nav. Pluged the iPhone 3g into the USB.Track info and controls work fine but no audio :(. Any ideas?

P.S The Kuga's looking mighty fine!!!

If you look at the photos in the brochure, even on the premium stereos you still need a phono cable from the iPod/Phone to the phono socket on the left of the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:STOCKTICKER>USB</ST1:STOCKTICKER> socket.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Doesn't make sense I know, but I've seen some other posts confirming this.
Edited by: Space Cadet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts