Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vignale 180 Auto Platinum white
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
what is your preferred brand/make and type of towing mirror for your Kuga?
I am going to tow the caravan for the first time with my Kuga this weekend, towed a fair bit over the years various tow vehicles and used rubber strapped towing mirrors no problem, my mirrors could be 20 years old still worked 2 years ago on the same old straps. But I think it’s now time to upgrade.
would be good to get some ideas of how you have got on with your mirrors.
I have looked at some melinco Falcon they look like they will do the job any comments.
I have a couple of local caravan suppliers so can pick up new mirrors before the weekend.
thanks Jeffb

·
Registered
390 Posts
Never bother with them when towing the caravan.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Never bother with them when towing the caravan.
They are a legal requirement in the UK for when the trailer is wider than the car... In answer to the OP, I use Milenco Grand Aero's which fitted the Kuga Mk2 perfectly and still fiton the XC40

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2.0 180 ST Line Edition. Auto AWD Technology Pack, Driver Assistance Pack, Winter Pack.
190 Posts
We use Milenco Aero. They fit securely and perform well. Alot of people like the Milenco Grande Aero but personally I think they look too big for the Kuga so it's the standard size for us.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,836 Posts
You may not have the same legal requirements in the your country @Safrane

In the UK you are required to have a certain field of view.

Window Product Font Rectangle Material property

As above, Milenco Grand Aero's for me.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replies, may be a question I should have asked is there a towing mirror to avoid?

·
Registered
390 Posts
You are of course correct Andrew but I find that for all practical purposes , towing mirrors are more of a hindrance
than a benefit. In order to be able to park way up at the end of our drive , we chose the OnTour model from Hobby
which is only 2.20 meters wide. The same regulations apply over here but I find than any loss of rear side vision
is minimal and in 35 years of caravaning throughout Europe ( including the UK ) , have never been stopped.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,733 Posts
Milenco Aero 3 for us, I've actually bought the longer morror bars recently.

If you can't see the back corners of your caravan your are not safe to tow imho.

Lane changes are a lot safer with them fitted, you can see a lot further back and a bigger field of view.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for replies , I am going to visit the caravan suppliers later and see what they have and what fits and works the best. Thanks again .

·
Registered
2016 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
243 Posts
another Milenco Aero user

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for replies, I went for Milenco Falcon towing mirrors as the actual mirror section looks the same as my old set so if I break a glass I can change the mirror head and the clamps look very similar through the range. I give them a 2 mile test drive all good. We are away today so I will see how they perform for real. Milenco towing mirrors appear to be the preferred manufacturer. Thanks all Jeffb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts