Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
……are they linked to the same issue?

Having read threads on here, these seam to be fairly common issues, but are they linked?
My Kuga is currently in the dealers again for the above issues
The powertrain fault has been there from new, but a quick reboot would normally clear it, however last week it wouldn’t clear and the car was “limped” home and parked up until the garage could look at it (suggested by garage)

The “Remote features disabled” issue has been from new also, but it’s getting worse.
The dealer “charged” the battery overnight on its last visit, followed by a 300+ mile journey and here we are less than a week later, and it’s back again.
This issue also means the power tailgate fails to lift.
I will let you know of any developments, but also any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,187 Posts
Hi @Fallguy and welcome to the forum, it might help if you include the vehicle details if you need help. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I thought I added it.
Kuga 2020 2.0d (auto) ST Line X (first edition)
I will try and add it again:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,762 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m a Newbie I’m afraid, trying to find my way round :rolleyes: Thank you

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,391 Posts
I’m a Newbie I’m afraid, trying to find my way round :rolleyes: Thank you
Maybe you should start by reading the announcement linked in the thread above by one of our moderators and read the site rules. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
……are they linked to the same issue?
Hi Fallguy
I've got a 7month old Mk3 Kuga 2.0 mild hybrid ST line and the Ford Pass app frequently said the car had disabled its remote features and to take it for a long run or charge the battery..
The last time it occurred I'd just done a 160mile trip???
I contacted my dealer of choice and they had the car for a day and a half and done a number of software updates, on the day I was due to collect it they asked if they could keep it till the end of the day as Ford had contacted them and told them to do a particular software update.
This seemed to work and a few days later there was an app update for Ford Pass app and
the wording has changed - it no longer said to charge your battery or take it for a run but said "just start the car and continue driving"
Well done Will at Hills Ford in Malvern👍🏻
Wasabiker 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Having read threads on here, these seam to be fairly common issues, but are they linked?
My Kuga is currently in the dealers again for the above issues
The powertrain fault has been there from new, but a quick reboot would normally clear it, however last week it wouldn’t clear and the car was “limped” home and parked up until the garage could look at it (suggested by garage)

The “Remote features disabled” issue has been from new also, but it’s getting worse.
The dealer “charged” the battery overnight on its last visit, followed by a 300+ mile journey and here we are less than a week later, and it’s back again.
This issue also means the power tailgate fails to lift.
I will let you know of any developments, but also any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,391 Posts
Hi @Wasabiker,

Why not pop over to our Newbies Section and introduce yourself, while you’re there, you can read the Site Rules and fill out your car model in your signature. It helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here…..Announcement - Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

Also, check out the Hints & Tips thread for some guidance on using the Quote function. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts