Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Jim, Fortuantly I have just had it the once and it cleared after i restarted , that was last tuesday so will be looking out for further spanners, did the garage give you any details from the diagnostic about the fault ?
They reprogrammed 3 modules and it was fine for a week then the cold weather came back and same problem again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I also have had this issue , it’s been checked at the Ford dealer and they reported to me there was a fuel feed fault showing on the historic data, but they could find a fault , and that it maybe a one off although it has happened three times , this is happening to far to many people to be a one off , does anyone know or heard what the issue is and when will there be a fix for it.
I was told that the Ford dealerships had a broadcast message saying that they were going to recall the cars for a software update but the expected timescale was 17 March - it’s a joke that we are experiencing these issues with a brand new car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got exactly the same problem - powertrain fault. Seems to be bad in cold weather. Been in Garage twice - still in and been there for two weeks. Last time was able to drive to work but when coming home it kept cutting out and had to be towed to garage. Told on Friday that it’s a known problem and software update now expected 17 March. Not happy - they have given us a hire car Ford Pima but manual when we are paying for a top of the range Kuga. Anyone else tried to get compensation?
Got exactly the same problem - powertrain fault. Seems to be bad in cold weather. Been in Garage twice - still in and been there for two weeks. Last time was able to drive to work but when coming home it kept cutting out and had to be towed to garage. Told on Friday that it’s a known problem and software update now expected 17 March. Not happy - they have given us a hire car Ford Pima but manual when we are paying for a top of the range Kuga. Anyone else tried to get compensation?
Hi Jim .
I have the same problem with my new Kuga, I have put in a complaint to the following.
You can contact Ford Motor Company by phone on 020 3564 4444 or email the Customer Relationship Centre at [email protected]ford.com.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was told that the Ford dealerships had a broadcast message saying that they were going to recall the cars for a software update but the expected timescale was 17 March - it’s a joke that we are experiencing these issues with a brand new car
thanks Jim for letting us know , it’s unbelievable we have to wait all that time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Dealer chage filter from fuel ! Put not help at all. Now Finland importer take care and dealer need hold on car. Look like we not now and we don`t have any idea when we got car back.
some wrote at new software update coming next mont ? Its help or not ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
Dealer chage filter from fuel ! Put not help at all. Now Finland importer take care and dealer need hold on car. Look like we not now and we don`t have any idea when we got car back.
some wrote at new software update coming next mont ? Its help or not ?
Hi Saxspeed , Interesting to know its not just the uk imports that are having problems , keep us all informed please when you get the car back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Saxspeed , Interesting to know its not just the uk imports that are having problems , keep us all informed please when you get the car back.
yes i do. We have on scale 30 tkm and other one Kuga stand there at samebroplem just 3 tkm. We got first time when temperature trop 0`

·
Registered
9 Posts
What response did you get Steve?
They have agreed about compensation and to wait until the car is fixed before the amount is finalised. I have got an advisor who is handling the complaint and a case number, so if anything changes I can call them or they call me and it’s always the same person I get to speak to which helps.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga ST Line X 1st Edition 2.0D Mild Hybrid
9 Posts
They have agreed about compensation and to wait until the car is fixed before the amount is finalised. I have got an advisor who is handling the complaint and a case number, so if anything changes I can call them or they call me and it’s always the same person I get to speak to which helps.
Are you going direct through the number you previously mentioned or via a solicitor of some kind?
I think it's unbelievable that they've released these cars with these faults - first the PHEV Kuga that got recalled and now this... shocking!

Mine went in for the third time, they reassured me it had had this new update (the second update it will have to have had) and that should clear the 'blip' that they called it...
The other day it happens again, and this time the dealerships not even calling me back!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you going direct through the number you previously mentioned or via a solicitor of some kind?
I think it's unbelievable that they've released these cars with these faults - first the PHEV Kuga that got recalled and now this... shocking!

Mine went in for the third time, they reassured me it had had this new update (the second update it will have to have had) and that should clear the 'blip' that they called it...
The other day it happens again, and this time the dealerships not even calling me back!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you still got to wait until March for the update ,and is this the update they have said would sort it out...
After a conversation last week looks like the update is still planned for March. Just can't get an answer as to why its taking so long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve the same model and the same problem happened, it’s been check by a Ford dealer and although it showed history on the reading as being a fuel issue they could not find anything. They said it may be just a blip and may not happen again. Let’s hope . The strange thing is there are several people having the same problem.
I've got the 2L eco blue AWD 1100 miles on the clock. I had the orange spanner at the start of January & it wouldn't go over 18 mph, dealership diagnosed a faulty injector & this was fitted two weeks ago. They now have it back as the spanner returned on Saturday , awaiting the diagnostics this time .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got the 2L eco blue AWD 1100 miles on the clock. I had the orange spanner at the start of January & it wouldn't go over 18 mph, dealership diagnosed a faulty injector & this was fitted two weeks ago. They now have it back as the spanner returned on Saturday , awaiting the diagnostics this time .
That’s not sounding good , hope they sort it out this time , please keep us informed. Perhaps this upgrade in March sorts us all out .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Following on from the 4th occurrence now, it was booked in to the dealer today, via the ford customer relations. I've registered a 'complaint' or 'incident' with them. They will chase on my behalf as well, but only once a copy of V5 is sent to them.
I'm having a nightmare with all this, it's a concatenation of errors, as I havent even been sent a V5.... so I've now got to chase the DVLA in order to progress this issue.

One thing that may be of use to others; I spoke with the sales department of the dealership, after that's what the customer relationship rep said would be the first step. This being, if I wanted to return the vehicle or claim it wasnt fit for use or purpose...
There seems (although the sales rep was sketchy) to be some critical timings.
If something (has to impact car use) happens within 1 month, then it can be returned virtually no questions asked.
If between 1 and 3 months then the dealership has to be given opportunity to fix or repair.
If between 3 and 6 months then he mentioned something about a replacement vehicle if it couldnt be repaired instead of returning it.
I am outside all these time lines, but am sure I must still have some kind of right?

Additionally of interest, he mentioned (although he did caveat that he was a sales manager and not service manager), there is an option for service department to request a ford technician to come to the dealership and interrogate the vehicle. He kindly said he'd speak off line within the dealership.
No one at my dealership seems to be aware of the 'March update', I've mentioned it to them but they don't seem fully informed; unlike the experience others on this forum seem to have had.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Alan, my cars in again, I've just had a call from the dealer, they're also telling me that ford technical now advise that the fuel injector is changed and this is not a warranty item so I need to pay. I'm waiting on ford customer relations - curious if others have had to pay for this? - I did inform them that I doubt this will cure the problem as I have noted on this forum that others have had this done without success.
Hope all our similar problems get resolved soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Alan, my cars in again, I've just had a call from the dealer, they're also telling me that ford technical now advise that the fuel injector is changed and this is not a warranty item so I need to pay. I'm waiting on ford customer relations - curious if others have had to pay for this? - I did inform them that I doubt this will cure the problem as I have noted on this forum that others have had this done without success.
Hope all our similar problems get resolved soon!
Hi, I got my car back the other day & funny enough no fault codes were stored when they put it on the diagnostics computer, so they can't fix what's not broken even though the report from the AA who recovered me to the dealership I'm sure would have mentioned that the fault light was on. Touch wood I have had no issues since. I did not have to pay anything for the new Injector the last time it was in as it was diagnosed as being faulty.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts