Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,
I've had the same problem with my new Kuga spanner light comes on then it goes into limp mode. Been back to the dealers 3 times even had roadside assist come out when the problem happened but the problem had cleared when he turned up and the car drove fine. But he got a diagnostic read out saying fuel pressure low. Took this with me to the dealers the next day as the light came on again. They said they couldn't find anything wrong and gave the car back. 2 days later it happened again and it back at the dealers again where it has been since the 2nd January 2021. They have phoned me a few times saying they think its the low fuel rail pressure sensor and they were looking at changing it the next day , then the part hadn't turned up and its on a back order and could be another 3 WEEKS then yesterday got a call saying Ford have been in touch with them and not to change anything as its just a SOFTWARE update that is required. Great news .... Bad news need to wait till end of March for its release :mad:
So I'm back in touch with Customer Relations.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just to confirm is this happening on just the new 2.0 diesel with both AWD & Automatic?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,
I've had the same problem with my new Kuga spanner light comes on then it goes into limp mode. Been back to the dealers 3 times even had roadside assist come out when the problem happened but the problem had cleared when he turned up and the car drove fine. But he got a diagnostic read out saying fuel pressure low. Took this with me to the dealers the next day as the light came on again. They said they couldn't find anything wrong and gave the car back. 2 days later it happened again and it back at the dealers again where it has been since the 2nd January 2021. They have phoned me a few times saying they think its the low fuel rail pressure sensor and they were looking at changing it the next day , then the part hadn't turned up and its on a back order and could be another 3 WEEKS then yesterday got a call saying Ford have been in touch with them and not to change anything as its just a SOFTWARE update that is required. Great news .... Bad news need to wait till end of March for its release :mad:
So I'm back in touch with Customer Relations.
That’s good news , could you let us know when it find and if it has sorted the problem. Also what software update was done that would be great as I’m having the same issues.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga ST Line X 1st Edition 2.0D Mild Hybrid
9 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2020 kuga 2litre eco blue AWD I had the dreaded spanner symbol come up on my way home from work couple of days ago and the fault on the app. It felt like the turbo wasn’t working on the car or something as it was in reduced speed mode couldn’t get above 60...the temp of the engine actually went back down to cold! Got her booked into dealers Thursday but since then the fault has gone off the dash and the car feels normal despite me giving it an absolute thrashing trying to make the fault come back again putting the engine through it’s paces. Hoping the diagnostics reveals something.
Hi,
Did you get any feedback from the dealer from the diagnostics?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, Its happening on mine - mines a 2.0L Diesel but manual and not AWD (as far as I am aware)

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s good news , could you let us know when it find and if it has sorted the problem. Also what software update was done that would be great as I’m having the same issues.
HI, my Kuga had the spanner and loss of power issue again at the start of this week - again it went into the dealer - by that time the diagnostics had gone out and it was back to normal - this time though they picked up an error regarding fuel getting through, but also applied an update (maybe the one you're talking about?) - in addition to that they logged it and raised it to ford as a reoccurring fault.
Hopefully the update has fixed it, but at least if not then ford are aware. If others are able to persuade the dealer to pass it on to ford central (or whatever the correct name is), then perhaps if this persists too long we can all have something actually done about it?
Fingers crossed that's the last issue - but i have a strange feeling it probably wont be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So today after owning the car for 4 days , and 160 miles on the clock I got the yellow spanner and drivetrain fault , phone binged and recorded the fault on the app. I instantly called the dealer and got t booked in for this Friday, I have started the car again to get home and its gone. It's a bit worrying. Will keep you informed and updated .

·
Registered
19 Posts
So today after owning the car for 4 days , and 160 miles on the clock I got the yellow spanner and drivetrain fault , phone binged and recorded the fault on the app. I instantly called the dealer and got t booked in for this Friday, I have started the car again to get home and its gone. It's a bit worrying. Will keep you informed and updated .

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s quite a common problem that’s happening to many , surely Ford’s must know what’s causing it , perhaps when someone gets an answer they could share it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s quite a common problem that’s happening to many , surely Ford’s must know what’s causing it , perhaps when someone gets an answer they could share it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have 2020 ST 2.0 Diesel. Its standing outside of dear now 4week and no answer what is wrong. The update ready to sofwear put not helpo. Powertrain fault coming just on to info panel and car go to limpmode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got exactly the same problem - powertrain fault. Seems to be bad in cold weather. Been in Garage twice - still in and been there for two weeks. Last time was able to drive to work but when coming home it kept cutting out and had to be towed to garage. Told on Friday that it’s a known problem and software update now expected 17 March. Not happy - they have given us a hire car Ford Pima but manual when we are paying for a top of the range Kuga. Anyone else tried to get compensation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We got oldermodel Kuga from dealer. Put first the give Fiesta 😂 Now need sorter out from tax reason. Car coming from company and include on salary.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got exactly the same problem - powertrain fault. Seems to be bad in cold weather. Been in Garage twice - still in and been there for two weeks. Last time was able to drive to work but when coming home it kept cutting out and had to be towed to garage. Told on Friday that it’s a known problem and software update now expected 17 March. Not happy - they have given us a hire car Ford Pima but manual when we are paying for a top of the range Kuga. Anyone else tried to get compensation?
Hi Jim, Fortuantly I have just had it the once and it cleared after i restarted , that was last tuesday so will be looking out for further spanners, did the garage give you any details from the diagnostic about the fault ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I also have had this issue , it’s been checked at the Ford dealer and they reported to me there was a fuel feed fault showing on the historic data, but they could find a fault , and that it maybe a one off although it has happened three times , this is happening to far to many people to be a one off , does anyone know or heard what the issue is and when will there be a fix for it.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts