Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you have had any issues with the new kuga. Just picked up my new kuga st line x EcoBlue last Friday and after a day a malfunction came on stated powertrain fault With no issues in power delivery or the way it drove dealer has had it for the last three days without being told when I’m likely to get it back!

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
255 Posts
Ask to speak to service manager......they had mine a day to do a 15 minute software update ......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still no fix for the kuga still at the dealers still displays powertrian fault and has power start ignition replaced and has had the lad test update. Ford customer relations are s**t. Trying now to hand the car back as not fit for purpose

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just wondering if any of you have had any issues with the new kuga. Just picked up my new kuga st line x EcoBlue last Friday and after a day a malfunction came on stated powertrain fault With no issues in power delivery or the way it drove dealer has had it for the last three days without being told when I’m likely to get it back!
I have the same problem, once you have found out what’s causing it could you let my know . Likewise if they discover the problem with mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dave

Mine was eventually resolved in October when the dealer pluged in the diagnostic equipment and it read a problem with the power start and they ordered a new one and fitted it but it didn’t resolve the warning light so they asked ford for a wiring diagram for the power start and compared it with a similar car and found that one of the live wires to the ignition switch was not connected and once connected up it turned off the malfunction.

Hope this helps.
Jon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Dave

Mine was eventually resolved in October when the dealer pluged in the diagnostic equipment and it read a problem with the power start and they ordered a new one and fitted it but it didn’t resolve the warning light so they asked ford for a wiring diagram for the power start and compared it with a similar car and found that one of the live wires to the ignition switch was not connected and once connected up it turned off the malfunction.

Hope this helps.
Jon.
Thanks Jon for the information. If they have problems finding mine I will pass this info onto them. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Dave

Hope this helps.
Jon.
Sorry Jon just one thing was yours the orange spanner warning light and was yours on all the time .

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga ST Line X 1st Edition 2.0D Mild Hybrid
9 Posts
Hi there,

Just had a similar issue with my 2020 kuga st line x 1st edition. Orange spanner light came on a few days ago, went into limp home mode I.e. no power. Booked it in with dealer. Then when taking to dealer light is off and car driving normally. Error "powertrain" came up on mobile - dealer had car for about an hour, called back and said its driving normally and theres no error stored on cars system, it was just a 'blip'..
I'm a bit concerned this is going to be a common fault on mine and others.
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
255 Posts
Yes I have had various errors pop up ...usually turn off and on clears them and drives ok ....seems to have settled now ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure what peoples feelings are, if they're similar to mine? - For a 6 month old brand new car, it's been back to the dealer twice already - Not sure this is great from the "fit for use" or "fit for purpose" side!

Is this a sign of things to come? Are we moving into an era, in much the same way as we have to constantly reboot our laptops or work machines to get them going again, we're going to be in that same boat with our car - then dealers will move to making money from more detailed service support plans - computer engineers in garages instead of mechanics??

Before this powertrain error, which seems to have mysteriously cleared itself, and isn't even showing in the car history, just as a screenshot on my mobile - It had a strange fault (minor?), where the mobile phone charge pad stopped working - I took it in and they said it needed an update! But why did it just stop working in the first place?
Update: Dealer states that these "blips" do occasionally happen and are nothing to worry about, it could be due to the cold weather and that's why nothing was logged

Very interested in any other issues anyone has had so I am forearmed/prepared in case I need to take it back to the dealer again - hopefully that's it and it's smooth running from now on. Apart from these service issues, it seems (so far) to be a great car - I guess only other really minor gripes could be
1. the weird parcel shelf
2. the flatness of the rear seats when put down & the gap with no filler if chairs forward
3. No accessory currently for rear boot ledge protector

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there,

Just had a similar issue with my 2020 kuga st line x 1st edition. Orange spanner light came on a few days ago, went into limp home mode I.e. no power. Booked it in with dealer. Then when taking to dealer light is off and car driving normally. Error "powertrain" came up on mobile - dealer had car for about an hour, called back and said its driving normally and theres no error stored on cars system, it was just a 'blip'..
I'm a bit concerned this is going to be a common fault on mine and others.
Thanks
Hi there is your spanner light only coming on in the morning when it really Cold.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there is your spanner light only coming on in the morning when it really Cold.
No, was Evening about 8pm after I'd been to work, was a bit cold maybe 1 or 2 C, but has certainly been colder without having any issues - will be a pain if it does this every time it gets to that temperature!
Spanner light came on, mobile bleeped up with the error message - I checked the glove compartment manual and on line - tried calling ford dealer like it told me but they were closed. Because it didn't say stop immediately or call recovery, like i've had on other vehicles - i tried driving it - it seemed as if it was in limp home mode (no power, 50 mph most of journey or less if a hill) - stayed in that for whole "extra long" drive home, normally an hour.
Booked it in to dealer - spoke to them they said it was fine to drive as it was - started it to drive to them, light had gone and was driving ok - dealer looked at it and said there was no error/fault code recorded - tried to show them the fault logged on the mobile, didn't seem interested, just said it was a "blip" - tried to push for why - (root cause analysis), but only answer i got was that if i wanted a second opinion to take to another dealer but that would be at own cost for diagnostics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, was Evening about 8pm after I'd been to work, was a bit cold maybe 1 or 2 C, but has certainly been colder without having any issues - will be a pain if it does this every time it gets to that temperature!
Spanner light came on, mobile bleeped up with the error message - I checked the glove compartment manual and on line - tried calling ford dealer like it told me but they were closed. Because it didn't say stop immediately or call recovery, like i've had on other vehicles - i tried driving it - it seemed as if it was in limp home mode (no power, 50 mph most of journey or less if a hill) - stayed in that for whole "extra long" drive home, normally an hour.
Booked it in to dealer - spoke to them they said it was fine to drive as it was - started it to drive to them, light had gone and was driving ok - dealer looked at it and said there was no error/fault code recorded - tried to show them the fault logged on the mobile, didn't seem interested, just said it was a "blip" - tried to push for why - (root cause analysis), but only answer i got was that if i wanted a second opinion to take to another dealer but that would be at own cost for diagnostics.
Let’s hope mine is only a blip although it’s happened about four times . It did lose power once when I tried driving it . But like you said if you stop and restart it goes off and it’s then ok. But there must be a problem as it’s happening to a number of people .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2020 kuga 2litre eco blue AWD I had the dreaded spanner symbol come up on my way home from work couple of days ago and the fault on the app. It felt like the turbo wasn’t working on the car or something as it was in reduced speed mode couldn’t get above 60...the temp of the engine actually went back down to cold! Got her booked into dealers Thursday but since then the fault has gone off the dash and the car feels normal despite me giving it an absolute thrashing trying to make the fault come back again putting the engine through it’s paces. Hoping the diagnostics reveals something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2020 kuga 2litre eco blue AWD I had the dreaded spanner symbol come up on my way home from work couple of days ago and the fault on the app. It felt like the turbo wasn’t working on the car or something as it was in reduced speed mode couldn’t get above 60...the temp of the engine actually went back down to cold! Got her booked into dealers Thursday but since then the fault has gone off the dash and the car feels normal despite me giving it an absolute thrashing trying to make the fault come back again putting the engine through it’s paces. Hoping the diagnostics reveals something.
I’ve the same model and the same problem happened, it’s been check by a Ford dealer and although it showed history on the reading as being a fuel issue they could not find anything. They said it may be just a blip and may not happen again. Let’s hope . The strange thing is there are several people having the same problem.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts