Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
I thought the Petrol Auto (Torque Converter gearbox) had a stupidly long service interval, 200,000km?.

Obviously wouldn't leave it that long though!.
Was told 35k, same as powershift, when I enquired at my local dealer. No filter change as its built in, just fluid and 拢300 down 馃槺

Registered
Hi all, i had my gearbox oil and filter changed last year along with service and MOT even doing it mate's rate's and very good they are gearbox was 拢250 it's the oil that's expensive time and filter are not really anything still cheaper than a replacement box
That would seem a fairer price. Keithmac has the price for the oil and filter and will know how long it takes as he has done his.

Registered
The recommended service interval for the 6F35 torque converter auto 'box is 150,000 miles!
Did the workshop do a power flush, or just drop oil and refill?

Reactions: keithmac

Was told 35k, same as powershift, when I enquired at my local dealer. No filter change as its built in, just fluid and 拢300 down 馃槺
That's not correct info on the Ford recommended interval for the 6F35.

Registered
Just had mine done at arnold clark 300.00
Our kuga is 2.5 years old and going in to Arnold Clark for service under a service plan.it's done 24500 miles and I asked about gearbox oil change as it almost 3 yrs old.Told it's not covered by service plan and when asked how much it was for oil and filter change was told not sure how much parts were but it's 2.5 hours labour and that's was 拢300 alone.Supposed to call back with total price but haven't yet.馃槻

I now know. Pity the dealers dont know there a**e from their elbow.
It won't have hurt anything doing an early change. I'll certainly be doing mine more often that the long interval recommended.

Registered
Told it's not covered by service plan and when asked how much it was for oil and filter change was told not sure how much parts were but it's 2.5 hours labour and that's was 拢300 alone.Supposed to call back with total price but haven't yet.馃槻
Mine is a petrol and is being carried out as part of its three year service, on Monday, the cost is 220.00 and for the service, gearbox and an external clean it is taking an hour and a quarter, while I wait.

Registered
Depends on date of reg and model as to service spec, wife鈥檚 car is 2 year intervals, so powershift service is 4 year or 36K, whichever sooner, that said it鈥檚 serviced yearly, and at the 3 year service, car had only covered 12K, so PS service will be next service and will also have the Haldex oil and filter done at the same time.

Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
Depends on date of reg and model as to service spec, wife鈥檚 car is 2 year intervals, so powershift service is 4 year or 36K, whichever sooner, that said it鈥檚 serviced yearly, and at the 3 year service, car had only covered 12K, so PS service will be next service and will also have the Haldex oil and filter done at the same time.
They don't have Haldex, it's a sealed for life rear diff (unless you drill and tap the diff casing like some have done on here).

It's an electro-magnetic clutch, no pump or filter.

Registered
That鈥檚 OK then, assumed it was an Haldex system. Just hate those words, sealed for life, their idea of life is normally different to mine.

Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
Sealed to survive long enough until warranty runs out..

Registered
20L Mannol 8202 DCT oil -> 99 euros @ebay
Filter -> less than 15 euros, even less @aliexpress.
Total: ~ 40 euros per oil change.

Instructions here:

No problems so far. Fingers crossed...

Registered
65 plate . Zetec . Powershift 4x4 .
Our kuga is 2.5 years old and going in to Arnold Clark for service under a service plan.it's done 24500 miles and I asked about gearbox oil change as it almost 3 yrs old.Told it's not covered by service plan and when asked how much it was for oil and filter change was told not sure how much parts were but it's 2.5 hours labour and that's was 拢300 alone.Supposed to call back with total price but haven't yet.馃槻

it should be done as they state service carried out to manufacturers standard service , so its basically an oil and filter change then lol. good old arnold clarke . i bought a mercedes e350 in 2020 thatll be 4 years old when its due an arnold clarke service, the gearbox is serviced at 4 years or 77,500 miles, bet they wont do it either ..... we had the ford kuga gearbox done at a ford dealer 拢328 , offered 0% over 3 months to repay it, so took advantage of the offer, didnt have to but it was offered to me. lol .

21 - 36 of 36 Posts