Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you used a independent for this, or have you always used main Ford dealers. Mine is now on 32000 and will be three years in May next year, I think i am right in thinking 38000 or 3 years.

Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
As I have a foc 4 th year service mine will go as first 3 to main dealer.
My son in law takes his out of warranty Kuga to local garage after that so I will too.
Probably cheaper but one knows what as been done and nothing unnecessary been done to increase dealer work and cost.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Just had mine done at the end of October along with first MOT. Should be 38000 / 3 yrs.
I called loads of independents for a quote and one garage said they would leave well alone. I could find no one that would do it, so Ford did it. Service alone for the gearbox £399. At least I know it’s been done as it should be. Runs better as well.

Reactions: tsmiggy

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,264 Posts
It's half an hours work if car's on a ramp, £400 is horrific really but you have the stamp in the book which is what people will look for.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I know.
I recall you saying that a service kit was £150 ish on eBay.

Prior to the service, I picked up a touch up stick and asked how much it was for the oil and filter and I was quoted £279.

When I received the email with the breakdown on the service prices, I noted that the oils was £22 a litre x 6 and a filter at £12. So how how the came to the first price I’ve no idea.

I don’t intend to sell anyway (unusual for me!). I really like it.

Smartguy69 is fitting me some rear discs and pads, to which he get the, as yet not received bottle of red wine he’s got me. Fair exchange I think. It’ll save my knees and I’ll be able to check out Hull. 👅.

Reactions: keithmac

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I know.
I recall you saying that a service kit was £150 ish on eBay.

Prior to the service, I picked up a touch up stick and asked how much it was for the oil and filter and I was quoted £279.

When I received the email with the breakdown on the service prices, I noted that the oils was £22 a litre x 6 and a filter at £12. So how how the came to the first price I’ve no idea.

I don’t intend to sell anyway (unusual for me!). I really like it.

Smartguy69 is fitting me some rear discs and pads, to which he get the, as yet not received bottle of red wine he’s got me. Fair exchange I think. It’ll save my knees and I’ll be able to check out Hull. 👅.
Best stay away from Hull at present as we are the Coronavirus capital of the UK according to the media. I guess it is the first time that Hull has ever been at the top of anything apart from Rugby

Reactions: keithmac

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Anything to avoid doing the work eh, if I said it was a Seddon Atkinson, would that change things?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Anything to avoid doing the work eh, if I said it was a Seddon Atkinson, would that change things?
I don't even get my own jobs done on the car. It has been over 3 weeks now since contemplating taking the chainsaw to the dash to install my sync 2 screen. At least it has had a few weeks of trials and testing which is possibly more than Ford would do lol.

I don't like trucks any more. They are too big, too noisy, they are too slow and take up too much room on the road. Trucks are the first thing that the government should look at moving onto electric and should leave the cars be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have any of you used a independent for this, or have you always used main Ford dealers. Mine is now on 32000 and will be three years in May next year, I think i am right in thinking 38000 or 3 years.

Thanks
About to take mine in early Feb just coming up to 3 years and 14300 miles quote is around £800 MOT 3year service and gearbox oil change "Gulp" Lookers Ford

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
About to take mine in early Feb just coming up to 3 years and 14300 miles quote is around £800 MOT 3year service and gearbox oil change "Gulp" Lookers Ford
Seems a bit expensive, perhaps try another dealer as prices should be set by Ford.

@Psshaw recently had his 3 year service and he has a 180 AWD Powershift Vin Ya Lee.

PS. It would help if you can put details of your car in your signature. Instructions below.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Yes, the Vin-ya -lee (private joke). 31k service, powershift oils service, MOT (1st) and brake fluid change. £670. .....and got full UK European breakdown cover included. (Standard with Ford I think)

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
£350 for the powershift plus £55 MOT =£295 for 3rd year service doesn't seem ridiculous to me...My 3 year service in Dec 2019 was £368 inc a/c top up also at Lookers

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
£350 for the powershift plus £55 MOT =£295 for 3rd year service doesn't seem ridiculous to me...My 3 year service in Dec 2019 was £368 inc a/c top up also at Lookers
Still more than Psshaw. Same type of car, same parts. I would be asking for a breakdown. Ford use to advertise their service costs but looks like it has disappeared.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Suppose the prices are all fairly similar, my three year service this month is 345.00 + 220.00 for the auto box. If I added the brake fluid change I had last time which was 44.00 it would be almost the same as Psshaw if you added 55.00 for the MOT only a few pounds in it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
The auto box on the petrol engine isn't as expensive to change the oil.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The auto box on the petrol engine isn't as expensive to change the oil.
Sorry didn’t think of that, thought they would both be similar amount of oil and work. Its still quite a lot of money for an hours work, but once it’s done all ok for a while longer.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Sorry didn’t think of that, thought they would both be similar amount of oil and work. Its still quite a lot of money for an hours work, but once it’s done all ok for a while longer.
You would think the cost would be the same albeit for the cost difference of the oil.

My guess is if you enquired with parts department how much the oil is and then enquired with service what their hourly labour rate is and then enquired what the book time is for the labour on diesel auto, there would be a cost saving.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,264 Posts
I thought the Petrol Auto (Torque Converter gearbox) had a stupidly long service interval, 200,000km?.

Obviously wouldn't leave it that long though!.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi all, i had my gearbox oil and filter changed last year along with service and MOT even doing it mate's rate's and very good they are gearbox was £250 it's the oil that's expensive time and filter are not really anything still cheaper than a replacement box

1 - 20 of 36 Posts