Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has a Fiesta Zetec with powerfold mirrors. Her mirrors fold in automatically when she double locks the car from her key fob,

Does anyone know if its possible to make the kuga do this? I keep forgetting to fold the mirrors whenI park and turn the engine off, so have to put the power back on, fold the mirrors, then power off again - its very annoying!

·
Registered
115 Posts
As I park on a drive/parking space at work, why do you need to power back on to fold the mirrors manually?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think not, perhaps an email to Ford or maybe try it? I dont use my key so never get the chance to press and try. I forget nearly every time, its frustrating but I am very grateful of having power fold mirrors so am happy......

·
Registered
65 Posts
would love for my mirrors to fold automatically on locking the car...

anyone worked this out yet?

dr_nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dr_nick and all,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while as I'm looking for a new ride. So far all my questions have been answered just by reading the various post on here, but I felt I had to register and add to this one.

My other half has a Nissan with power fold mirrors and she complained about her mirrors not folding in automatically and how nice it would be if they did. So being a electronics engineer I built a control circuit to do it for her. It works off the Acc on the ignition switch, because her car has an autolock feature so they would have closed when it autolocked while driving. Not good. The way it works is that when you turn the key the wing mirrors will fold out at the same time as the radio comes on (Acc position) and stay out until you turn the ignition off then after about 5 seconds they will fold in by themselves, the time delay is adjustableand there is an over-ride switch so that she can still use the manual switch.I thought that this could be a solution to your problem, and I guess if you are intrested I could build another unit for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
thanks mad max - that is very interesting. unfortunately it would like invalidate my warratny to install an aftermarket, especially homade circuitry.

more to the point, this kind of mod should not be necessary - this should already be built into a car i have spent 30k on!?

would be nice if the power converter worked too! grr

·
Registered
115 Posts
First of all, is the door loom on your car equiped with the power and control wiring to control the mirrors. Secondly, is the mirror unit already fitted with the same mirrors as those kugas that have this from the factory? If you have a good parts department at the dealer you may be able to find out if there are different part numbers available for each type. Two or more looms or mirror units should give a good indication of what's available.

Was mad max's Nissan already fitted with the correct mirrors or did you have to source them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My other halfs Nissan already has the power fold mirror fitted as standard with manual folding control. I just made a circuit that attaches to existing loom and didn't need any extra parts fitting. It just complements the existing power fold system. All the power fold mirrors I have dealt with use the same two wire set up, therefore the circuit will work on any make of car with power fold mirrors. I'm building one at the moment for my dads BMW after he seen it on our Nissan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi yborf,

I'm in the middle of improving the design of the power fold circuit at the moment, so if you give me a couple of weeks I'll give you more details once it is complete.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been following this threadas I would be interested in this feature. I've also been searchingon the internet for info & came across the link below. Its for a Mk3 Mondeo

http://fordwiki.co.u...emote_Key_-_Mk3

Now, I'm not an auto electrician, so was wondering whether there is anyone herethat can make sense of what this is saying and advise whether its possible to follow this guide for the Kuga, as in principle its doing and achieving thesame as what people are looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
<a href="http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7450/8fp.mp4" target="_blank">

</A>Hi , I have found this forum and I have seen some people interested in electronic fold mirrors.

My name is ecraun from Spain and I am enginner.I have develope a electronic module to fold mirrors with KUGA remote control.I have it installed into my KUGA.

This is a link to spanish forum where I explain module features with pics.

http://www.clubkuga.org/foro/plegar-espejos-retrovisores-automaticamente-t305.html

And this is a link to videaclip:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7450/8fp.mp4

Actually I am developing the second version module compatible 100% with electronic car.This new module will be available very soon.

For doubts or questions please [email protected]

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hiecraun, nice to see you here! Bienvenidos!

I have been following your posts on clubKuga.org, so am also interested to see how this project will end. Good luck with your design.

Un saludo.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Having fitted USB and reversing camera in my Kuga, rigging the folding mirroes is my last upgrade.

I've had the doorcard off and checked the wiring.

It's very simple on these mirrors to power the +ve feed to the fold motors from the relay from the puddle lights +ve.

This avoids any extra timer circuits and means that all previous connections and controls are maintained.

1 wire should do it and it's between 2 pins on the same connector.

I'll post again when I've done this on mine.

KS.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts