Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a test drive in a Kuga today. Great car. Loved it. My main concern is mpg. I do around 2500 miles a month - 99% on motorway. I need to get a good mpg. I get around 52 mpg in my Scenic and would like to think I could get nearly the same from a Kuga - they claim 52 mpg on Extra Urban.

My question is - Is anyone getting that on long journeys??

Many thanks

Tansy

Edited by: Tansy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I doubt very much you will ever get above 40 never mind 50+, agreat vehicle tho, read my recent posting in the main message area titled 'fuel consumption' to see what both I and other owners are getting mpg wise, hope this helps, cheers, Wooga

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KugaWooga.

I have read your post on Fuel Consumption. Most people seem to be doing short journeys. I do a 70 mile motorway journey to work every day so will be cruising along at around 70-75 mph (would I admit to more!!).

Would love to hear if anyone is hitting a higher mpg than what has already been mentioned.

Cheers

Tansy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi Tansy,

I have had my Kuga for 2 weeks now and on a reasonable commute to work at 50-60mph and running around I get about 37-38 but had a longer run to Cambridge yesterday at around 75- 80mph both waysand the average dropped to 36.5. The car has only done about 750 miles so I expect it will improve with a few more miles on the clock. I amgoing to start using BP Ultimate as a friend of mine always raved about it in the past, I always use Tesco 99 in my old car Fusion 1.6 petrol and it runs a lot better and gives me 40+ on the same type of commute etc.

Raymondo111

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, Running early on a trip from Peterborough to Heathrow so had to keep my speed to 60MPH so I did not arrive too early for the Valet parking and got 47MPG - but I did not enjoy crawling along at 60MPH though.

This morning I travelled from Peterborough to Maidenhead leaving Peterborough at 05:00 and went as fast as the traffic allowed down A1 > M25 > M4 up to 80MPH and got 38MPG out of her. Hope this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info. I know Maidenhead so well - it's where I join the M4 each morning on my way west!

I now wait to see what the dealer offers!

Tansy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts