Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
There was a lot of comment when the Chancellor's package of support to business was being held up by the banks not stepping up. Yeah, those same banks that were bailed out in 2008. The one thing that should have been become apparent even to the idiots in Westminster that cutting public services in the way that they had over the years has resulted in the craziness of not having a joined up care system (GP to Hospital to social care) and the terrible issues with fatalities in care homes
We can thank David Cameron for that. The Tories want to do away with the NHS. Let's be honest, if it wasn't for the current crisis does anyone really think that Boris would have ended up in an NHS hospital. I don't have a problem with private healthcare but once again it means that people with money get the best, yet without us, they would have nothing. Perhaps it is time for a reform but NHS and private healthcare as we have it now, is not the answer.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I dont think private care routine operations will ever take over critical care which is the NHS domain which is what the NHS is very good at but by its nature is expensive so why waste expensive resources on routing operations.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
In these difficult times, one has to enterprising, I’m building soap boxes. Does anyone else want one, to stand on and have a rant.? £5 each. 😤

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
In these difficult times, one has to enterprising, I’m building soap boxes. Does anyone else want one, to stand on and have a rant.? £5 each. 😤
With all the rain we are having they would wash away in minutes.......we could debate instead of ranting. Lots of good topics to pick from.

Brexit
Covid19
Social distancing
Lockdown 1
Estimated arrival of lockdown 2
Next pandemic export from the far East
Bojo
Research of historic people of importance who had a dark side
Lists of prospective next car before finally deciding on the kuga is it ticks most boxes

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Ooh, I agree with all of those, but have one addition if I may and it MY turn have a rant. Got one of my own soap boxes and it was free.

I am sick to death of the media but can name one female BBC reporter, who persistently when lockdown was in force, asked when it was to be eased. But now it is being eased they are saying it’s too early.

Some are saying that those in No 10 were a week too late for lockdown. For me earlier would have been even better, however, imagine this chaos, BOJO did shut it down earlier, I can hear gasps from retailers, airlines etc that it would ruin the country and that he was flapping.

So no matter who would have been in charge, booboos would have been made. Don’t forget, all this came from foreign shores.

This is not the platform for such a rant, but hey what the heck. I have a strict no “politics / religion “ unless it’s just me and Elga the Russian shot putter of a wife with hairy legs.

But others have spouted off before me. Of course folks, it’s just my thoughts and I’ve been wrong before, last night, I’ve just been told!

.....and I said to Elga, that the council should have taken the opportunity to do the roads but NO and now we can go out, it’s come central. Hey you’ve gotta laff, ain’t ya.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Not sure why I have an excel format showing in this reply message box.

On my last post I was hinting at topics of debate, just in case we get bored. I am running out of words and fingers after trying to remove 6ton of gravel in preparation for some more gravel lol. Spent last week putting in edging kerbs and then spent this morning taking them out again lol. My advice to anyone doing a large frontage is not to attempt anything that isn't straight. I put in a full semi circle to edge the in and out entrances and didn't like it. Sounds posh but it isn't but my drive is about 16 metres wide.

Lockdown should have happened earlier in my opinion and should still be in force if only to protect the ones more at risk. However what is done is done and I guess most of us are sensible and know what we need to do to stay safe.

The best use for a soap box is to wash the roof of the Kuga to save scratching it from belt buckle. Easily done if you are not careful.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts