Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Poor radio reception??

9K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  kugakim 
#1 ·
We've just got the standard 6000 (I think it's called) radio and am really happy with the sound quality when playing CD's and iPod. If it had been an upgrade I would have thought it was money well spent but to get it as standard am really happy.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The only gripe I've got is the poor radio reception, seems to be on most channels and with local stations in for example <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> where you would assume the signal would be strong.

I'm probably over-exaggerating a bit, but it's not as clear as say our Mini with standard radio or even our old Peugeot with an aftermarket JVC head unit. There is definite hissing/crackling at times.

Has anyone else had this problem?

#3 ·
Hey

I've had the same problem, mine is the standard stereo as well. When its on DAB it spends most of its time "searching for station" and when it eventually gives me some sound its not what I would call DAB Digital Radio!!! I've put mine off of DAB now and back onto analogue,the sound is a lot better and I dont have half my journey in silence because the stereo is "searching" This is with local and BBC radio stations.

#8 ·
Yes, had the same problem with our radio, after "Numerous" trips back to the dealer and alot of greif, finally got it fixed....problem with aerial apparently .... they finally replaced "some bit" on it and its fine now....may or may not be the same issue - but was driving me nuts! as I spend a lot of time in the car (12K miles in 6 months)

#11 ·
Mine does exactly the same when on DAB, but think that's down to coverage as it always drops on the same spots of the M25. I simply switch to fm which is fine or ipod/CD. Bit annoying when trying to get a traffic report tho. Be interested in the dealers response Cornish.

Regards,

Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.