Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Have got 33,500 miles on my 11 plate. Incidentally, Fords just serviced it and my front pads are 20% worn (original set of pads).
There was a 58 I think on ebayfor sale the other week with 227,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
11 plate with just over 31,000 on the clock. Owned since new, FSH.

Replaced all 4 discs (due to grooves) and pads last year. Within past 12 months had Continental ContiSport 5 SUV tyres fitted to replace the Nokian zLines that had cracks on the shoulders despite there being 5-6 mm tread remaining.

Touch wood, so far had no major issues.

·
Registered
131 Posts
just below 72000 with no issues, ( but it is well cared for). Most mileage at weekends with anything up to 600 miles for 20 weekends. MOT today, service 16th ready for my first weekend away for the year to Silverstone.

·
Registered
131 Posts
just below 72000 with no issues, ( but it is well cared for). Most mileage at weekends with anything up to 600 miles for 20 weekends. MOT today, service 16th ready for my first weekend away for the year to Silverstone.
Phase one completed with no horror stories. Clean certificate no advisories! March 18th Service and then good to go for another year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine has done 62,000 miles since I bought it New. Had new pads and discs front and rear. New front springs (grotty Suffolk roads!) Last year new egr valve, was told by the Green Flag mechanic to give it plenty of wellie which I do now! Just below red line!
Still pleased with the car.

Peter C

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, first post on here. Purchased my 2010 kuga last year in July and as it stands the mileage is at 65K it's a 2.0 titanium model (163) .

·
Registered
274 Posts
66 plate 180 AWD Powershift 36500mls. Going in for its third service next week, MOT due in September where I will have the auto box oil and filter changed. Replaced pads all round at 35k. No issues, drives like new.

·
Registered
14 Posts
59 plate 2.0tdci 100kw fwd. Bought from new lovely car. 60k miles now. Modifications include. EBC drilled and grooved discs front and back with red stuff pads front and back. No more dust and stops really well much better than standard brakes. Resistor wires for headlights to stop them from blowing every 2 months. Stereo to an inclusive sat nav Bluetooth cd player all dash colour matching so looks original fit. Footwell lights as there were already there just put the bulbs in. Bee sting ariel so don't have to keep taking off when going in car wash. Wheel bolts replaced with shiny chrome bolts as the silly ford ones their outer casing comes off and looks rubbish. Love this car. Been with us now for 10 years in October and will be with us for at least another 7. Replaced the original battery this year, not bad for original fit, but now got a yuasa black paid a lot for it to be fair but the reviews were good.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
So my 2008 MK1 has served me very well. It was the first car that was delivered to any private customer in my country. The very first car was a demo for the dealer.
Anyway, I haven't changed much. Just some wear and tear items. Like brake pads and discs, 1x alternator, 2x battery(because of hard winters here), front wheel bearings, a few bushings on front and rear axles, timing belt and that's pretty much it. It still drives very good at 272 000km. Has alot of power still, I mean overtaking is really a breeze. And gets roughly 6,5L per 100km on average.
Very happy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2012 Mk1 has completed 175000km. It has been largely trouble free and enjoyable to drive.
I have replaced the brake pads and front rotors only.
Haldex service every 100k km, ATF every 50k. Cambelt and waterpump at 100k and 173k. The latter because of a leaking after market water pump.
She uses 500ml of oil between services (every 15k) and I would like to see 400000km or 250k miles.
Average fuel consumption over 100000km is 10.3L/100km which seems frugal, all things considered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mk1 163bhp 92k dpf sensor brakes and bearings all changed runs great got a lot of surface rust on the underbelly tho
Mk3 150 bhp 8k .... both great motors no real problems

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have just hit 190,000 ?. Touch wood she keeps going. The engine is still great but at this mileage anything can happen and just taking it day by day ?.

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
From what I've seen 60,000 miles is about service life for the earlier Powershifts, I must have spoken to at least 20 people now who've had failures.

Just poor design, no other way round it.

Thing is even if you have a professional rebuild (££££) the Plastic guides are just replaced ready to fail again..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a Mark 2 bought in Feb 2019, 18 plate with 1960 miles on clock through Ford Direct. Have just passed 30,000 miles. In my last car I averaged 35,000 per year. Touch wood only 1 issue with a vent remaining fully open.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts