Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i collected my new Titanium yesterday, much to my surprise I discovered it was fitted with a Sony 6CD unit rather than the Sony single CD unit that I was expecting!
I wasn't charged any extra for it either!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Think it should be standard with the Titanium, had 56 plate ST-3 before Kuga and that had 1st generation Sony but now with 2nd generation in the Kuga there is a marked difference.
Love the tunes!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, DAB is being introduced as standard on cars being built from around now apparently but mine didn't have DAB.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i wouldnt worry about dab... i'm not happy with reception while on the move - it would seem you need clearsight linesto the transmission aerial for decent reception... obviously much more choice when you can get a signal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the 1st of July I traded in my 56 Plate ST2 for a Panther Black Kuga Titanium but I have to wait 9 wks until I get my hands on it (I collect Mon 8th Sept). This has been really hard for me as I have had to drive around in a 54 plate focus!!I anticipated how hard it would be but what I didnt anticipate is the garage trying to get £437 out of me for a6 disc changer that I thought came as standard on the titanium anyway. Thetest drive car had6 disc and thereforewhen I was choosing my options I didnt mention it until I noticed on Ford's latest full brochure that it is not standard. I am confused as I have read others messages on this subject and they say it is Standard on the Titanium......Can anyone confirm this. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Stonie.

Yes there is a lot of confusion in regards to which head should be in these Kugas. For people that ordered the cars before the NEW DAB Heads were ready, the car's were fitted with the 6 disc mp3 player in Titanium models. From the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> August (or there about) The new dab systems were fitted, but as the brochure says ""single disc only in Titanium""�. The 6 disc player is an option and extra dosh to be paid.
Hope this helps

dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
yea the same here Mondeoman,
I went into the dealers on June 27th to see if there was anydelivery date on my ordered car,to be told my car was being built that day. Knew I would have the older soundunit, but didnt expect the 6 disc!Well happy with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i bought a zetec and asked for the radio to be upgraded to the 6 disc model from the ford fitted single disc model. to my surprise the upgraded radio was a sony 6 disc model with dab. butthe dab dosent work as yet because they did no fit the dab aerial. now awaitng aerial change but car is great

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got lucky with a 6CD changer too - got my Sea Grey Titanium on 1st September - the dealer had the spec I wanted in stock - appearance & convenience pack with Bluetooth and scuff plates so all was well.
When I collected the Kuga there was a 6 CD changer in it - with no extra charge and I am sure it is definitely an extra.

Not complaning I love everything about my Kuga (I've even given it a name - sad but true)

·
Registered
130 Posts
So Coast Lady.... Will you tell us the name?

Ours is nicknamed "Kugs" - Not very imaginative I know
Edited by: Raptor

·
Registered
227 Posts
Kenny's a good name!

NE way does anyone know the answer to my earlier question...

How do you know if ur headunit is a DAB unit? It takes 6 CD's but didnt see anything on it to say DAB. I've only seen it in the showroom briefly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The DAB unit clearly says DAB on the front panel, bottom left quarter- there is a good picture of it in the latest Kuga brochure - you can't miss it, so if it doesn't say DAB, it isn't!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts