Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where abouts in the world are you?.

There are 2 Powershift variants, a 6DCT250 dry clutch used in some small engined petrol Fords (which was a disaster basically) and the 6DCT450 which was used with a 2l Petrol engine early on (very rarely), the majority were mated to the 1.5 and 2l Diesel engines.

The Kuga never came with a Petrol Engine and a Powershift 6DCT450 in the UK.

If your car is equipped with the 6F35 Torqe Converter Automatic telling the PCM or Central Configuration it has a Powershift is daft at best, saying that maybe give it go and let us know how you got on?.
im from Turkey, and yes the central configuration says that my 6F35 auto trans could also be powershift(could it be posiible?), this was my dillema, but ofc i dont want to do that change without knowing what could happen, its not like enable another module or smth like that its allitle ''sensitive'' :D

·
Registered
2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCi
139 Posts
im from Turkey, and yes the central configuration says that my 6F35 auto trans could also be powershift(could it be posiible?)
Simply put, it is not possible. The BCM module will show all the options that are stored within the software. When the car was built it will then be programmed to the specific transmission in that car.

I would not attempt to change it. Best case, car throws an error message, worst case the transmission gets wrecked would be my opinion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Simply put, it is not possible. The BCM module will show all the options that are stored within the software. When the car was built it will then be programmed to the specific transmission in that car.

I would not attempt to change it. Best case, car throws an error message, worst case the transmission gets wrecked would be my opinion.
i was thinking the same just wanted much more oppinions ofc, it shows all the values in the software, thk for ur time and answer have a nice day

Reactions: jlawes20389
21 - 24 of 24 Posts