·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Originally Posted by Robert Nastase

Hello everyone, maybe someone could help me with an answer if possible pls

Computer Personal computer Font Screenshot Operating system

what would happen if i would change this setting from Automatic to Powershift? since i can see the option
(sry in advance if the question seems a little stupid and pointless)

PS: i know forscan sees also setting for Ford Focus/ST and showing them when i do a scan

·
Administrator
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why?

Just leave it alone!

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,229 Posts
Best case it will drive poorly, worse case you'll end up wrecking the clutches in the gearbox.

If you don't know what you're doing leave well alone, there's post after post on the FORScan forums where people have bricked modules messing around.

Use it for reading DTCs, leave the module configuration well alone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank u all for ur time and answers! Not trying to do smth that i will regret, just wanted to know about, i reed some articles online and here i know there are ppl with knowledge about this kind of stuff “ was curious if its true that the 6F35 auto trans could also work as powershift and also that the gear shifting would also improve

PS: most of my modules were not active by standard default from Ford, i activated myself, i asked at Ford bay about to enable specific modules and they said i dont have it installed, i checked aso myself and interesting it worked like magic lol! Thats why i wanna learn few things( there is the saying “ u may be using ur car with the hand brake on without even realizing it”( metaforic speaking ofc))

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,146 Posts
By now you will have realised you don't "play" with Forscan if you don't know what you are doing.
there's enough advice here to ensure you log off and shut the laptop. Or....change it to manual and watch the gearstick and clutch pedal appear.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,635 Posts
Firstly you only choose what your car is. It is also wise to save a back up of your current car's configuration so when Forscan says would you like to save your current configuration, save the profile and save it somewhere safe where you can find it again.

I have a question. Is Kuja29 and Robert Nastase the same person. You are only allowed one profile on here
@kuja29 @Robert Nastase

Reactions: Robert Nastase

·
Registered
40 Posts
By now you will have realised you don't "play" with Forscan if you don't know what you are doing.
there's enough advice here to ensure you log off and shut the laptop. Or....change it to manual and watch the gearstick and clutch pedal appear.
This was best comm ever, anyway ur absolutely rite👍
Firstly you only choose what your car is. It is also wise to save a back up of your current car's configuration so when Forscan says would you like to save your current configuration, save the profile and save it somewhere safe where you can find it again.

I have a question. Is Kuja29 and Robert Nastase the same person. You are only allowed one profile on here
@kuja29 @Robert Nastase
Yes kuja29 and Robert Nastase one and the same person 👍

·
Registered
40 Posts

@kuja29 @Robert Nastase
Yes all the time im doing backup , but here is about just one setting not the whole module, wanted to know if someone maybe has advanced knowledge or even did it and how did the trans behaved!?🙏

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Administrator
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,842 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,229 Posts
we

repeat what ?😬

Isn’t powershift used for petrol also, or m i wrong?!🤔
Where abouts in the world are you?.

There are 2 Powershift variants, a 6DCT250 dry clutch used in some small engined petrol Fords (which was a disaster basically) and the 6DCT450 which was used with a 2l Petrol engine early on (very rarely), the majority were mated to the 1.5 and 2l Diesel engines.

The Kuga never came with a Petrol Engine and a Powershift 6DCT450 in the UK.

If your car is equipped with the 6F35 Torqe Converter Automatic telling the PCM or Central Configuration it has a Powershift is daft at best, saying that maybe give it go and let us know how you got on?.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts