Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kuga titanium 2.0 TDI
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! looked everywhere for some plastic hinge covers. I saw someone selling 3D printed copies on ebay but his add is now gone. I have seen that people have the 3D printed plan of them in the past but these have been removed. I bought the car with just one of the longer sections of the covers and didn't realise how hard it would be to find some. I have looked and don't really want to have to spend £150 on a set of new hinges for what is just a bit of plastic trim.
Any help or signposts where to find some covers or the plan would be so helpful.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,086 Posts
Genuine ones will cost a small fortune, but you could poke around somewhere like here:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help! looked everywhere for some plastic hinge covers. I saw someone selling 3D printed copies on ebay but his add is now gone. I have seen that people have the 3D printed plan of them in the past but these have been removed. I bought the car with just one of the longer sections of the covers and didn't realise how hard it would be to find some. I have looked and don't really want to have to spend £150 on a set of new hinges for what is just a bit of plastic trim.
Any help or signposts where to find some covers or the plan would be so helpful.
I am in exactly same position and can not belive how hard these are to get hold of if you have any luck would you pmease let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah still not found any yet, if you have any luck please let me know :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update
So I have found an eBay seller selling copies for nearly 40 quid, and I found one seller selling just one side for £50, this seems pretty steep for what is just a bit of trim.
My mate has a 3D printer but I can’t find the plan anywhere..... recon the guy selling the copy has made sure no one else can I’m find it!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Update
So I have found an eBay seller selling copies for nearly 40 quid, and I found one seller selling just one side for £50, this seems pretty steep for what is just a bit of trim.
My mate has a 3D printer but I can’t find the plan anywhere..... recon the guy selling the copy has made sure no one else can I’m find it!
Can your mate not create a drawing from an actual hinge cover.

Perhaps someone on the escape site may have a drawing of one.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Can your mate not create a drawing from an actual hinge cover.

Perhaps someone on the escape site may have a drawing of one.
The USA never got the Mk1 Kuga, the Escape Mk1 was a Mazda Tribute with a Ford Escape badge.
I wouldn't think the Escape site will even know what car you have.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
121 Posts

That Facebook group looks like it might be quite useful to a number of people!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts