Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long six weeks wait, I finally got the call today that my factory order is here. Cannot wait so I will be driving my old beloved mk3 golf for the last time to the garage to be cubed in the scrappage scheme. Have still been reading the forum and picked up a lot of useful information and have even bought the bulbs for the zetecs footwells. A little bit worried about the fuel leaks, has anyone got a procedure when filling up to avoid this?
Looking forward to my first drive as I did'nt even test drive the kuga, I just had to get it as it is the best looking suv out there.

Cheers for now

zetec 2.0 2wd moondust silver App pack Con pack sunroof and illum scuff plates

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello PortKuga

I am sure you will enjoy your new Kuga. Did you mean fuel leaks or fuel drips when withdrawing the filler hose?
Just take your time withdrawing the filler hose, you can see any potential drips before removing it completely.

I suppose it depends on the quality of each hose at each filling station.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Digger, I filled up to the brim yesterday and followed the manuals instructions about waiting 10 seconds etc and no leak so I was probably worrying for nothing.
Anyway like everyone else myself wife and kids totally love the kuga. We all went yesterday to pick 'her' up and went for a long scenic way home and have been out nearly every hour for a spin (must be getting the neighbours mad by now).

Getting many a stare around town and yes still trying to get the cheshire cat smilefrom my face. Picked up the wife from work last night at 1030 andmade sure that my door was open andeveryone leaving saw the illuminated scuff plates ha!

Totally glad that I did not go for the VW Tiguan (which has fallen in price by 2k recently) and chose the kuga.

Also went on to ebay to buy the rigid plastic boot liner and kuga floor mats andmaybe go on to buy the mudflaps, but do not know how easy they are to fit. Have any other members fitted them themselves ?

Anyway going out for another drivenow

Another happy kuga driver!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aaman,I hope the week flies for you and I am sure you will not be dissapointed.
What colour and spec did you chose?

Portkuga

·
Registered
929 Posts
PortKuga

I have fitted the mudflaps myself on the 'Beast' Easy install about 15 minutes per flap, these are the ford ones not aftermarket ones. There is on another threadabout mudflaps.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Stupot

Thanks for the reply, there are ones on ebay stating genuine fort parts around £40-£45, does this sound about the the correct price? How do the mudflaps look fitted? Its hard to get a good look at some of the photos posted.

PortKuga

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aaman what colour of trim did you go for I opted for the orange and was a bit worried about how it looked as it was all blue trims i'd seen. Anyway very happy with the choice as it is more of a rusty copper look than orange looks good with the moondust silver and tinted windows.
Panther black was my second choice but since i seen one locally i had to be different.

·
Registered
385 Posts
hello all you new to be kuga owners,do not want to put a damperner on things but please check the paint work for small scratches on your car before accepting as i had small scratches on the first and second kuga,on another subject just got back from anglesey 46mpg driving 50-70 mph my car now done 3500miles and mpg is getting better

·
Registered
94 Posts
PortKuga said:
aaman what colour of trim did you go for I opted for the orange and was a bit worried about how it looked as it was all blue trims i'd seen. Anyway very happy with the choice as it is more of a rusty copper look than orange looks good with the moondust silver and tinted windows.
Panther black was my second choice but since i seen one locally i had to be different.
[/QUOT

the kuga i am getting was in stock. the trim is the blue. i understand from august build the trim will be grey/silver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts