Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm picking up a 58 plate black zetec with 2,000 miles on friday with convienience pack & appearance pack. It looks great from the outside but I have slight doubts about the blue trim inside. I'd have liked the titanium but for the money the zetec seems the best value.

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
173 Posts
welcome Simmo, bet Friday cant come quick enough,hope you like polishing, hard to keep clean but looks great when newly done.Got a sea grey titanium myself defo worth the extra but each to there budget.

regards Graham

·
Registered
136 Posts
Simmo said:
Hi,

I'm picking up a 58 plate black zetec with 2,000 miles on friday with convienience pack & appearance pack. It looks great from the outside but I have slight doubts about the blue trim inside. I'd have liked the titanium but for the money the zetec seems the best value.

Cheers Paul

I agree Paul - picking up a silver zetec in 2 weeks (and counting!) - really dont like the blue bits - the seats are ok, but the blue plastic really cheapens the car,

i have read on here that there is a spec change soon, and the zetec models will no longer have blue/orange bits - they are going for a steel grey or something like that, so sounds much nicer to me.

im hoping i can learn to live with the blue bits,

good luck with your new toy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello Paul simmo

i have had my zetec now for just over two months and like you was not sure about the blue interior, but i have got use to it now,my car is in vision so it matches exterior quite well. the zetec was was the only spec i would have gone for as the silver stripes on the seats in the titanium would have got fifthly too quickly with my 2 year old son.
the car was a compromise when me and my partner was looking for a new car (i was looking at AUDIS),but the deal we got was good .
after reading all the reviews and checking everything out before we did the deal i knew that the KUGA was the best small SUV, but the only thing i can say is i am really really impressed with it. more than i ever imagined i would be.
only gripe is that i feel ford could have picked better gear ratios for the first two gears, i have driven loads of 4X4 type vehicles at work from 8 wheel drives to 20 ton off road HGV s and of course land rover etc and they have the same very short gearing , but i feel that real world driving for the kuga does not require it. 3rd through to 6th though are excellent.

Gary

PS handling is fantastic

Edited by: GLl999

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gary,
Picked up car on Friday & must say how much I'm enjoying it! It looks great & picks up plenty of admiring glances (I hope that's what they are) and I'm happy with the interior now. Managed to connect my Iphone easily by bluetooth & the auxillary socket for the music.
Traded in a C-Max 2 litre diesel & I think that the handling & ride are better (the C-Max had done 40,000 miles though, & lots of tip runs with heavy loads in van mode!)
Went to Llandudno yesterday on A roads, dual carriageway & motorways cruising at about 75 mph got 42 to the gallon (on the readout), it's only done 2,500 miles so I'm sure this will get even better.
Did the cheapest mod ever and put the 2 501 bulbs in the footwell holders at a cost of £1.89, took me less than 5 minutes!
Cheers
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts