Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 7 long weeks waiting, I finally picked up my new Kuga last night, must say im impressed so far. Its a 2wd Titanium in Vision with Appearance & Convenience packs with 18" Alloys and Bluetooth with USB and Velour mats.

·
Registered
385 Posts
took me a bit of time to get use to the keyless locking system,did not trust it,but you have got all the right packs bluetooth is great and the sony stereo lot better sound than base ford unit,keep an eye on your carpets.good luck enjoy your kuga let us no what your mpg is around town as i have awd and it would be good to see what you get on your car,ford mpg figs if you drive like miss daisy and have no one else in the car

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only two weeks to wait for mine just had phone call fromthe dealer to say arrived, he took a look for the rear seat trays and yes you guessed mines one of those without ah well still excited about getting it... may just pop to dealer over the weekend for a sneek look... whats the problem with the carpets and the DAB radio i hear...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kugace,
I am finding the keyless locking system a bit strange, im sure i'll get used to it. I will let you know the mpg when I've done a few miles and my carpets are ok for now.

Hi ChrisB, I didn't get the rear seat trays either not to bothered as I think it looks better without them.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi ChrisB Generally I have poor DAB frequency strength problems (just in my area?) but it seems that some have reported absolutely no problemsat all? curiously whenmy DAB signal drops outand I switch toFM, bizarrely receptionis fine. Re: Carpets. Just like the DAB radioissues some do not have any problems at all, andI am certain that there are Kuga owners out there with no poor quality carpet problems also.The great thing aboutthe Kuga Owners Club site is that all members can have an input and often problemssuch as those mentioned are shared and sometimes solutions are found and highlighted. As my Ford dealer recently reminded me,(after money handed over obviously)Listen Bob, you have purchased a mass produced Ford vehicle it's not a Bentley Bob, it's not handbuilt OK!I suspect that if a Bentley Owners Club did actually exist I'm confidentit will contain much the same concerns as weon this site sometimes experience.Hey ChrisBChill . . . . it will be fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank Bob I'm ok with the issues i have read so far and extremly happy with what I read memebr of a FJR owners club forum so understand the issues tyres is a great topic on the bike forum its down to personal choice... I live in the Welsh Valleys so any radio signal is a bonus

Chris B

·
Registered
385 Posts
i would have enjoyed meeting the sales man and give him a piece of my mind,i think we should name and shame dealers and salespeople.on the issue of a massed produced car it should be of a good standard it is not £8000 base model ford it is a twenty thousand plus car meant to be upto the standards of other german cars out there,i had a few marks and a scuffed wheel but dealer sorted them out no problem on 1500 mile check up.i said to the manager how would you like marks on your kuga and donot mention the mass produced car bit said he would be upsetand got it sorted,he has the same problem with his kuga carpet and he said he has had a few cars back with the fill pipe problem mine is ok but he did not no about any other faults

1 - 8 of 8 Posts