Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2019, 1.5 ST-Line Edition, Black
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to swap my Mk2 with a Mk3 , question is should I go for Phev or Fhev ?

Phev is 3K more expensive but better MPG

Any views would be gratefully received :) , keen to understand some real world MPG, for around town and motorway runs.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
63 Posts
I have a 3 month old FHEV and last month got 50.6 MPG from mostly town driving and a couple of hour long motorway runs.

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
34 Posts
I’ve had the PHEV now for a couple of weeks. Around the doors easy getting 90+ mpg but most runs are under the EV range. Had her on a 400 mile trip this week and used full EV range then the rest of the journey on pure petrol and averaged 57mpg.

·
Registered
2021 S/Silver Vignale 225 FWD PHEV
202 Posts
With regards some of the mpg counts, I usually fill up an run til empty (or as close as) which serves as a better guess-ti-mate as to what I can achieve. Have any of you run from full to empty? Currently get about 260 - 280miles.
Any idea how far a MK3 FWD Phev would do?

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
34 Posts
With regards some of the mpg counts, I usually fill up an run til empty (or as close as) which serves as a better guess-ti-mate as to what I can achieve. Have any of you run from full to empty? Currently get about 260 - 280miles.
Any idea how far a MK3 FWD Phev would do?
I have managed about 470 mile out of mine doing exactly that.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Can you plug a PHEV in anywhere ? If you can then the savings with the PHEV (including RFL savings) will pay for the difference pretty quickly. If you do lots of short journeys and can charge up so they are mostly electric there are huge savings to make.

A PHEV that isn't plugged in will return very similar mpg as the FHEV - the only real difference is the battery size and added weight.

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
63 Posts
I have managed about 470 mile out of mine doing exactly that.
I got roughly the same as this in my FHEV between March and April, though I reckon I could eek this out to 500 with warmer weather

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are those mileages diesel or petrol?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can you plug a PHEV in anywhere ? If you can then the savings with the PHEV (including RFL savings) will pay for the difference pretty quickly. If you do lots of short journeys and can charge up so they are mostly electric there are huge savings to make.

A PHEV that isn't plugged in will return very similar mpg as the FHEV - the only real difference is the battery size and added weight.
had my Kuga STline X for a month now,most of my trips locally have been electric. Not done much petrol driving as yet, costs about £2 to charge up so good savings to be made.

·
Registered
592 Posts
had my Kuga STline X for a month now,most of my trips locally have been electric. Not done much petrol driving as yet, costs about £2 to charge up so good savings to be made.
Even better if you have solar PV's and can charge for free !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes solar panels cover most days especially last month, but May is a different story.

·
Registered
202 Posts
All PHEV's and FHEV's are petrol hybrids
Thanks for that.
One of the downsides of my Mk.2.5 is the mpg.
To get anything around 300 miles on a full tank is, to me, admirable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for that.
One of the downsides of my Mk.2.5 is the mpg.
To get anything around 300 miles on a full tank is, to me, admirable.
from what I’m hearing the 2.5 engine is giving good mpg on the MK 3 Kugas.Not done much driving where I’ve not had to use it myself, as most of driving to and from work is done using mostly electric.

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
34 Posts
from what I’m hearing the 2.5 engine is giving good mpg on the MK 3 Kugas.Not done much driving where I’ve not had to use it myself, as most of driving to and from work is done using mostly electric.
I’ve done 2 journeys now of over 400 mile and only used one charge of electric when setting off. MPG using all the battery and the rest of the miles in pure petrol have returned north of 57mpg.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I’ve done 2 journeys now of over 400 mile and only used one charge of electric when setting off. MPG using all the battery and the rest of the miles in pure petrol have returned north of 57mpg.
thanks for sharing that information, for a matter of interest were you driving in normal or different ?

how many miles do you get to a tank full ? Thanks

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
34 Posts
thanks for sharing that information, for a matter of interest were you driving in normal or different ?

how many miles do you get to a tank full ? Thanks
Whole journey in eco mode or normal. From full tank and full battery to 40 miles of range left i had clocked 445 mile.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A friend of mine is exactly in the same situation of Dave_C, because he is tentatively looking at FHEV. I don't know if I should recommend him this, since there's not that much data around it. In one review I read that basically the Electric engine would only work for low speeds, like parking, and anything more would be the petrol engine. I'm still looking at reviews, but if anyone with FHEV would give their feedback, I'd highly appreciate it

1 - 20 of 46 Posts