Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone out there removed the front bumper? And if so, is it straight forward?

I was driving along yesterday happily minding my own business when a $%^&£"*"! kamicaze pheasant shot out in front of me

Resulting damage - Slight split below towing eye blanking plate, lost blanking plate (might be inside the bumper) and something seems a bit loose behind so need to remove the bumper to see what other damage there is.

The K stood up well and the damage was relatively slight considering I was doing 60ish when we hit eachother! Needless to say the pheasant didn't fare so well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TK

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Do you think there is a pheasant on a forum somewhere asking how toremove a towing eye cover from it's ar$3

If no one beats me to it I'll try to get the procedure tomorrow for ya!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
underneath.

Remove undershield. The one covering the bottom of the engine. 7 Torx head screws.

Remove plastic shield/guard. 4 Torx head bolts (2 each side) 1 phillips plastic screw in centre. Should be two clips about the1/4 and 3/4 mark holding this shield/guard to the bumper.

Might be easier to remove wheels.

Two bolts (torx head) holding front of wheel arch liner on. Pull this out of the way.

(might be easier to remove whole wheel arch liner)

Two bolts holding bumper to bottom of wing (behind wheel arch liner) both sides

Disconnect fog lights. both sides

Remove trim under head light (just clipped in) both sides

Remove slam panel plastic cover. 4 plastic phillips screws.

Pull off front grill 4 plastic phillips scews each end. Two clips down the bottom and disconnect the bonnet lock rod.

If you have front sensors disconnect electrical plug (underneath/ behind passenger headlight)

2 more bolts each side under grill area you have exposed

Pull bumper towards you but lift the centre section (around the grill area that you have exposed)

There are 7little tabs onthe bumper that hook over the front of the car. Evenly ish spaced from above one fog light around to the other. You'll see two under each headlight (which is whyyou removed the trim) The other 5 are around the grill area.

Bumper is off.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Morph,

Sorry about the tardy reply, only my computer knows why it wouldn't let me on line yesterday!!

Seems all I need to do now is pluck up the courage and phind the time to have a go. Not quite as straight forward as the rear one! Shame I wasn't reversing when I hit the thing.

Thanks again.

TK

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Oooh dear! Makes you think about becoming a veggie!
I swerved to avoid one of these stupid birds several years ago and only just missed a head on with someone coming the other way. After we had both braked as hard as is humanly possible and wiped the beads of sweat off our brows and I mouthed sincere apologies for nearly taking the other driverwith me to paradise,I looked in my rear view mirror and watched the bloody thing prancing off down the road!

AND Quatroxquatro I wanted to do the pheasant plucker joke

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would just like to say I wasn't a pleasant £$%^er
immediately after the incident but seeing that Skoda has made me feel quite lucky!

The problem is; they bread the bloody things round here for the shooting season and they've let a load out recently! The road near where I live is littered with the stupid things! In the past 5 years I've hit 4 and had countless near misses. In fact, I've hit 5 because one went under my rear wheel the other day after bouncing off the front of a pickup coming in the opposite direction!

I think I'll leave it till after the winter to get it fixed now, I'd hate to have it done then hit another one.

Pleased to have given you all the opportunity to dust off some V old jokes!

TK

·
Registered
48 Posts
TK said:
The problem is; they bread the bloody things round here for the shooting season and they've let a load out recently!

They are not released at any particular time but are free to roam where they want from the moment they can fly out of an open topped pen (Aug - Sept onwards). The reason why they come to the road side is to pick up grit which helps them digest their food, if none is provided on the land they are released on they will go and find it, the best place being road sides which is why so many are on road sides both alive and dead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts