Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
I could never have any form of EV as I'm a big petrol head. Totally get the concept behind the EV and save the planet BUT they are just putting all the blame on the car. What about all the damage to the planet they are doing creating the battery's ? What about all the big machinery they use to dig the stuff out the ground ? Its a big load of boll**** because we are a tiny island in a huge world but they blame the motorcar for the damage done. Nothing to do with all the other chemicals they keep dumping in the oceans and the atmosphere.
The 'battery production' topic is a much debated topic. A quick Google search will bring up loads of different views.
Full EV.? Like others range anxiety would do my head in.
Done a few long trips in our PHEV and range is last thing on my mind.

I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
I could never have any form of EV as I'm a big petrol head. Totally get the concept behind the EV and save the planet BUT they are just putting all the blame on the car. What about all the damage to the planet they are doing creating the battery's ? What about all the big machinery they use to dig the stuff out the ground ? Its a big load of boll**** because we are a tiny island in a huge world but they blame the motorcar for the damage done. Nothing to do with all the other chemicals they keep dumping in the oceans and the atmosphere.
Don't you mean a big diesel head? 馃槀

Super Moderator
Range Anxiety eh.
Owners of the mk3 seem to have that and appear scared of using the petrol engine.

Registered
I've had a PHEV for nearly 2 years, as far as saving the planet I agree, however I love the car and just ordered another new one. Unfortunately it will jot be available until the end of the year.

I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
Wow - that is low. Is it an EVO 6? That used to be my dream car growing up...

Registered
@Psshaw They're good until the car is under warranty. But when fuel pump or injectors going wrong because not using petrol engine for 3-4 months after warranty they will realize that they should have bought a full EV car.
I have seen such post in FB PHEV group, commented that tank should not be left almost empty because of dirt. They just laughed on me. :D

Reactions: Psshaw
21 - 29 of 29 Posts