Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be interested to know how much petrol PHEV users are using. My commute to work is only 10 or so miles round trip so its all done on electric apart from the odd trip to Stansted Airport which I havent done since I got the car but will in the next few weeks. Dealer put half a tank in the car when I picked it up and I still have most of that left, I have barely used the engine apart from experimenting with drive modes. Googling petrol life, it seems its good for six or so months while sat in the tank and we have a trip to the new forest booked so that will use a bit but other than that I cant see myself really ever needing much petrol while I own this car. A user who just did just local trips would have stale petrol in the tank before long. What are your thoughts on this?

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
It'll probably be worth more taking it back out and selling it after 6 months 😉

Reactions: The Painter

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,233 Posts
6 months is about right, you don't want stagnant fuel really. You can donas much damage with a near empty tank so I suppose 1/4 tank is happy medium.

Does the car automatically start the engine and run the fuel pumps regardless every once in a while?, worst thing for those is not to be used over long periods imho.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd probably advise cycling the petrol every couple of months, even if you only stick a tenner in at a time.
It will do the engine and fuel system good as well to bring it into life and keeps everything lubricated.

Reactions: ProximusAl

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah mostly EV here. Got 41 miles on a full charge today with some extra in regen too. Tend to have a quarter of a tank of petrol on standby for those occasional days we do more miles.

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST Line PHEV, 19" Wheels with Tech and Winter Packs
30 Posts
Agree and my experience is very similar to yours, in that unless (and I rarely do) longer drives I operate on in EV.
II have only filled up once since I bought the car and its still showing full, albeit I did use the non ethanol fuel.
Certainly getting at least 40 miles on EV between charges, so might need to plan some longer trips

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga St-Line First Edition 2.5L PHEV
62 Posts
Last time i checked, i had done 5000 miles since purchase, of which about 4100 were electric.

It would have been less petrol used, but sods law the first month we had it, had to take family member to hospital which was fine to GET to... but not back again on electric and a few trips to London at around 150 miles each way. Oh and the "hey this is a new car, what does this Sport button actually dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" which must have taken some fuel out of it ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to say that up until today I haden`t really explored Sport Mode, But as azing says, its way to much fun 😁, and it works in Hybrid mode, so charges the battery as well, AWSOME.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely not, love the PHEV, I did consider a full EV but range anxiety would do my head in, easy to fill up and go in the PHEV.

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
I could never have any form of EV as I'm a big petrol head. Totally get the concept behind the EV and save the planet BUT they are just putting all the blame on the car. What about all the damage to the planet they are doing creating the battery's ? What about all the big machinery they use to dig the stuff out the ground ? Its a big load of boll**** because we are a tiny island in a huge world but they blame the motorcar for the damage done. Nothing to do with all the other chemicals they keep dumping in the oceans and the atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,173 Posts
Absolutely not, love the PHEV, I did consider a full EV but range anxiety would do my head in, easy to fill up and go in the PHEV.
But you said above you don't go anywhere make your mind up :unsure:

·
Registered
Ford Focus St mk 2 summer car Ford Kuga St line x 1.5 petrol everyday car
36 Posts
I could never have any form of EV as I'm a big petrol head. Totally get the concept behind the EV and save the planet BUT they are just putting all the blame on the car. What about all the damage to the planet they are doing creating the battery's ? What about all the big machinery they use to dig the stuff out the ground ? Its a big load of boll**** because we are a tiny island in a huge world but they blame the motorcar for the damage done. Nothing to do with all the other chemicals they keep dumping in the oceans and the atmosphere.
I totally agree, everyone switching to electric vehicles will not make a difference to the planet. To make a difference everyone needs to stop buying and using all cars but that's not going to happen. I'm also a petrol head, there's not an electric or hybrid car that would give me a thrill like my 5 pot focus St does the drive and the sound is amazing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts