Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I have the Kuga titanium 2.5 Automatic .but what I would like to know why every body has the 2.lt diesel motor, is it because the petrol is so high in England. But I Thought Diesel was more expensive, maybe I misunderstand. My titanium does about 10 litres for one hundred kilometres that's about 34.Miles to the Gallon, but don't forget this car is only two weeks old, the mileage should get better.??
Regards
Steve
Switzerland

<DIV align=center>
<TABLE =MsonormalTable style="mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 3.75pt 3.75pt 3.75pt 3.75pt" cellPadding=0>
<T>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes">
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 3.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 3.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 3.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; : transparent"></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 3.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 3.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 3.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; : transparent"></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Steve

The 2.5ltr petrolhas only been available for a short while here in the UK so for most people the 2.0ltr Dieselwas the only option for a long time. The consumption figures seem to be coming back better now for the Diesel version, i'm getting on average 45MPG and the car is only 3 weeks old. Forum member'cuba' has posted an impressive 54MPG which is brilliant.

Even though Diesel is more expensive i think it has the edge slightly over the Petrol version and of course it is different for every driver and the miles they do in a week and how they drive the car too.

They will sell more Diesels here though i think in the long run.

Graham

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rextar,
We have the 2.5 litre whichhas done over 2,000 milesand only now just getting 22 MPG,are you sure your getting 34 ? That seems mighty impressive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

I'm new to the Forum, but my Kuga has been around the block a few times - I bought a May 2008 Demo model (Titanium plus all the goodies, with 2.0 lt diesel engine) - so is fairly well loosened up. I seem to be able to get 42mpg without trying too hard, averaged over several hundred miles of country/town commuting - no Motorway cruising.

I also invested in a rubber boot liner - not cheap, but stops my dog's hair/mud from getting all over the carpet.

Also a pair of front mud flaps - the Ford ones are a doddle to fit (pre-drilled holes) and seem to do the job.

All in all, the Kuga was a good buy, I don't regret it for a moment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Ford liner is £61.79 plus VAT. It is semi rigid, will take a lot of wear and has 10cm lips around three sides (and a 1 cm lip on tail gate side) to stop water/grit escaping down the edges of the carpet. Not cheap, but great if you travel with a hound ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
rextar said:
Hi All
I have the Kuga titanium 2.5 Automatic .but what I would like to know why every body has the 2.lt diesel motor, is it because the petrol is so high in England. But I Thought Diesel was more expensive, maybe I misunderstand. My titanium does about 10 litres for one hundred kilometres that's about 34.Miles to the Gallon, but don't forget this car is only two weeks old, the mileage should get better.??
Regards
Steve
Switzerland

<div align="center">
<t>
</t><table style="" cellpadding="0">
<t><tr style="">
<td style="border: medium none rgb236, 233, 216; padding: 3.75pt;">
</td>
<td style="border: medium none rgb236, 233, 216; padding: 3.75pt;">
</td></tr></t></table>
Hi Steve,
thats around 23.5 mpg ...
thats close to mine- 10.7lt/100km

·
Registered
546 Posts
topscal said:
Costco do cracking ones for ~ £10 !!!
That's the boot liner that I have got very good buy for the money asIhave used it in my last 2previouscars and still look new.

P.S. My 2.0. tdci Kuga only dose 35 MPG.

Edited by: Titanium kev

1 - 11 of 11 Posts