Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone got sensors that only work when they feel like dealer cant find the problem as usual . why dont system store the faults ............im starting to loose faith in my kuga going in for 5 time ..........give me back my 57 plate mondeo any day,

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wish I had had them. I have got the tinted windows and in the dark it is very tricky to reverse park as I can't clearly see the reversing lights properly so sometimes it becomes a bit of a guesstimate!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thats really interesting. Without being too dipsy and blonde, where do they fit the display or sound thingy? I've never had sensors before so I am not familiar with the usual format.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There's no display, just a loud beep when selecting reverse to let you know the system is primed and working, and then when an object is about a metre away it starts beeping slowly, then getting faster as you approach the object until at about 30 cm or 1 foot, the beep becomes continuous.

It's nice and loud even over music, and I don't know how I lived without it on previous cars. On the Kuga with darkened rear windows I would suggest it is an essential item as the privacy glass is too dark looking out from the inside - especially at night when the reversing lights do nothing through it - how many people here have got out to check they were actually working? I have...

Edited by: Wildyce

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Wildyce. So you had them fitted by a Ford dealer, who did you buy them from? They sound exactly what I need and a much better price than I expected. You are dead right, so often I have to get out and check my position and find I have actually got more room than I thought!

·
Registered
14 Posts
<TABLE =tableBorder style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =msgableSide vAlign=top rowSpan=2>shadow
</TD>
<TD =msgableTop vAlign=top>
Reply </TD></TR>
<TR =msgableRow style="MIN-HEIGHT: 200px; HEIGHT: 200px">
<TD =msgLineDevider vAlign=top>
<DIV =msg>
Hi all

I first posted this reply on 20th October

I have had parking sensors retro fitted at my dealers. Front and rear cost £400 although I have only had the rear ones done so far. (They did not have the parts for the front but have now and will fit them next week)

The rear ones have a display on the dash, about the size of my thumb,up against the windscreen. This comes on when I select reverse and starts to countdown from 1 1/2 metres. It also emits a beep starting intermittantly then becoming continuous as you get closer.

I have a picture but am unable to send it.

Hope this helps.

Shadow

</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
77 Posts
The factory fit ones beep at the back for the back sensors and at the front for the front ones and they beep together if your close back and front. You get used to detecting where the sound is coming from so you know whether your gonna crash front or back... Absolute godsend.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My front sensors on the left side suddely started beeping all the time, and it seems like its faulty. The dealer didnt have any in stock, so they needed to order it before changing. 

Does any one know if there is separate fuses for the front and back sensors?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Freddie Kuga said:
The factory fit ones beep at the back for the back sensors and at the front for the front ones and they beep together if your close back and front. You get used to detecting where the sound is coming from so you know whether your gonna crash front or back... Absolute godsend.

Quality.

You can normally guess buy the fact is, if you are going backwards the sound is coming from the rear and if you are going forwards the sound is coming from the front.! lol:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
BigGeord said:
Freddie Kuga said:

Quality.

You can normally guess buy the fact is, if you are going backwards the sound is coming from the rear and if you are going forwards the sound is coming from the front.!   lol:)
Normally Yes

But if you are parking in a very narrow space both will sound at the same time. I am parking often on the streets in a big city, and it happens almost every day that people back up to close. It took a while to sort out the sounds. But now i absolutely think it's godsen also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hadn't noticed that the beeps came from the rear or front - I just thought it was different tones. Helps when the beeps are integrated with the rear-camera graphics - I am so crap at parking, I am so glad I got them!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the smoked grey glass and can't see naf all when parking,don't have the sensors, did you have yours fitted by the dealer as an accessoryor somebody else?

Grizzly

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the factory fit ones. And have a little problem with them:
In the mornings when I directly shift to rear and startgoing backwards they don't work until I shift to 1. Then they suddenly start beeping.

Directly after that going to rear makes them stop making the sound again.

I thougt that the parking sensors should start working when you shift to rear and not the other way around.

Strange thing is, that this is only happening in the early mornings. (cold and wet??)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nevertheless: this is not how it should be working!
When I put it in reverse in the morning to go to work it starts beeping immediatelly because it is parked very close behind my wife's car. When I drive backwards a little it stops until I almost hit my neighbours car at the other side of the road

You should have your dealer look at it.
I don't have problems at all (also not in the morning when it is very cold).

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is also a button which you can press on or off for your parking sensors on mine at least, I find this is useful whenparking forward slowly in 1st.

Sometimes Itoo have a problem whenI stick it into reverse quickly, the camera does not respond as the computer is still checking the cd, sometimes a bit of patience is required..

·
Registered
54 Posts
championkuga said:
Thanks Wildyce. So you had them fitted by a Ford dealer, who did you buy them from? They sound exactly what I need and a much better price than I expected. You are dead right, so often I have to get out and check my position and find I have actually got more room than I thought!

Hi championkuga

I have a Kuga with the tinted rear windows and had exactly the same problem - couldn't see a thing when reversing, expecially when in multi story car parks.

Unfortunatley I couldn't get a Kuga with them on but my dealer offered to dealer fit them. I said I'd try the car without them first, but soon realised I would need them.

I had rear sensors fitted last week for a cost of £135. They are positioned in exactly the same position as the standard Kuga ones, look the same (although a little smaller) and they even colour coded the centre ones to match the car.

The system beeps when you select reverse, then will increase the frequency of the beeps as you get closer. When you get a solid beep it's time to stop (you're then about 6" away).

They work very well and not had any problems so far.

I'll post a picture of them for you soon.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts