Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got front and rear parking sensors fitted to my new Kuga yesterday (they should have been on it in time for me collecting it, but that's another story!).

Anyway, the parking sensors are black (my car is moondust silver). Am I wrong to have been expecting them to be body coloured? In the brochure it doesn't mention whether they are meant to be body coloured or not, so I don't know whether I'm right to go back and question it.

Although all the cars pictured in the brochure with parking sensors have body coloured ones.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hiya TwiggyB,
We have got parking sensors factory fitted and they are colour coded. But on previous talks with another kuga user, they have informed me that the paint is starting to come off the sensors, so some people are having problems and some are happy.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hello TwiggyB123. I think dealer fitted ones at my dealer are painted by the fitters but I have noticed factory fitted ones on new Fiesta front bumper which were black plastic on a blue bumper, so yours will not necesarily look "wrong" not matching. BK.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hello All Got parking sensors which are colour coded? and Yes paint has started to rapidly disappear off them,leaving half, orquarter painted/not painted,black plastic discs. In fact I have already purchased a touch up . . . Why?well I suspect that, this is what thedealers fitters will do, Touch them up, have tosay the paint layeris very, verythin and I'm no expert butI think thatNo top coatlacquer has been applied, can scrape paint off with a blunt finger nail. "Avalon " 09 hasonly beencleaned once so far and this was the result (not gonna get too dirty away from prying eyes, parked in kitchen . . . lol )

·
Registered
212 Posts
How much do the dealer-fitted parking sensors cost? And are they loud? I ask that because I had an SMax with easily audible sounds, but a CMax with just little pings. I find that I'm missing the sensors (or my parking's got worse)

Ta.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MyKuga said:
How much do the dealer-fitted parking sensors cost? And are they loud? I ask that because I had an SMax with easily audible sounds, but a CMax with just little pings. I find that I'm missing the sensors (or my parking's got worse)

Ta.

hi mykuga i got cobra sensor kit and painted the 2 that goes on the painted part of the bumper and did not paint the other 2 as same colour as bottom part of the bumper. very easy to fit and they are loud . cost £90 for the kit. £10 for the paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts