Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had front and rear parking sensors fitted by the dealer (X-Vision) which work fine but there is no way of turning them off when travelling normally along the road which isOK if the road is nice and wide, but during a weeks holiday in Devon driving along very narrow roads they were constantly beeping which nearly drove me round the bend!!! Clearly I think the dealer should have fitted a switch to deactivate them when not parking. Not sure if I can do anything about that now as the car is 4 months old. I would like to get a switch fitted and noticed a blanking plate on the dash below the rear screen heater to the right of the radio. Would it be possible to get a switch to fit which would match the others in the dash?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Harbrimar,

I just MIGHT be able to help, I too had F&R parking sensors fitted. I also thought that there was no off swith for the front sensors (same reason as yourself). Mine is fitted on the curve of the bottom nacell directly above the accelerator pedal and is a small colour coded rocker switch. feel as much as look for it. Good hunting. It was a dealer fitted kit but I do not know if it is the "Ford" product or a third party set, but they work very well.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
My Zetec (delivered May 2009) has front & rear sensors fitted and there's a switch just above the drinks holder in the centre console to de-activate the front sensors, with the rear sensors only kicking in once reverse is selected. Seems like your dealer may have missed fitting the switch during the installation.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Same here push button switch on dash for fronts and rear activated when reverse is engaged. Have to say Yes sometimes not always sensors will beep when they pick up say motorcycle flying past between lanesor car you are overtaking starts to move towards your lane. I have also discovered that the front sensor please don't ask why was causingSony radio to display PHONE: Call in progress? however when front sensors were isolated it seems to have solved the problem, anyone know how/why? thisdevice is creating this message?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I have checked all the nooks and crannies for a switch but cant find one. Back to the dealer I suppose!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts