Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a 2011 Ford Kuga 4x4. The parking sensor light is flashing and a beep for approximately 3-4 seconds sounds. I've checked connections, checked for continuity and everything is ok. Had it plugged in at our local garage on the code reader and it comes up with Power Supply Sensor Short To Ground B1299:60.
I can now only assume that the parking sensor control unit located in the boot is faulty. I have looked inside it to see if there is any condensation or damage, but everything looks fine.
The reason I am here is to ask if anyone knows whether av4t-15k866-ba supercedes to any other number ? Will one from another make fit or even a Ford Focus ? Does anyone know just exactly what the letters and digits mean on av4t-15k866-ba. The car has both front and rear parking sensors. This unit costs just shy of £300 for that exact part number... however if I could find anything out, there are other units out there for much cheaper.
Having just paid £3200 for a new rear diff 3 months ago ( the car has only completed 25000 with full dealer service history). I'm fast falling out with it !! Can anyone help ?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Hi,
I own a 2011 Ford Kuga 4x4. The parking sensor light is flashing and a beep for approximately 3-4 seconds sounds. I've checked connections, checked for continuity and everything is ok. Had it plugged in at our local garage on the code reader and it comes up with Power Supply Sensor Short To Ground B1299:60.
I can now only assume that the parking sensor control unit located in the boot is faulty. I have looked inside it to see if there is any condensation or damage, but everything looks fine.
The reason I am here is to ask if anyone knows whether av4t-15k866-ba supercedes to any other number ? Will one from another make fit or even a Ford Focus ? Does anyone know just exactly what the letters and digits mean on av4t-15k866-ba. The car has both front and rear parking sensors. This unit costs just shy of £300 for that exact part number... however if I could find anything out, there are other units out there for much cheaper.
Having just paid £3200 for a new rear diff 3 months ago ( the car has only completed 25000 with full dealer service history). I'm fast falling out with it !! Can anyone help ?
I know a little bit about ford part numbers.

The first four digits can represent a few things like year of manufacture and product line, i.e. focus, mondeo, transit etc. The next 5 or 6 digits are the engineering part number for what it is, i.e. the 15k866 denotes it is a parking module. You will find that same number across all of the parking modules in the range whether its a focus, kuga, mondeo etc or if it's got front and rear sensors or just rear. The last 2 numbers tend to be a revision so a later manufacture month or year may say BA or CA. This is not an exact rule on the last two digits as some codes have 3 digits as the suffix. A difference in the first 4 digits could dictate whether your car has front and rear sensors or just rear as I see that Ford have two different Finnis codes whether the car has front and rear or just rear sensors for your model year.

I know for a fact the some parts are identical but have different part numbers (first four digits) and are different because instead of it being for a kuga, it's for a transit or whatever.

I can't tell you if one from a Focus will work.

My only advice would be to wait until one comes up on ebay. I noticed that Gala Motors did have one exactly as yours but at half the cost of a new one I would be buying a new one.

Does your car have front and rear sensors as Rates Ford show the Ford Code as 1715258. When I cross referenced this with Ford.7zap.com it showed that part as having front and rear sensors.

It would appear that both Jaguar and Land Rover have the same engineering part number as well, i.e. 15K866.

Are you certain you just haven't got a faulty sensor. If you want a new one I don't think you will get one cheaper than here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for your reply. None of the sensors are working at all. No noise "click" emitted. As I said I've tested for continuity and everything seems good. Tbh the only thing I haven't done is remove each individual sensor and checked them on their own.
Does the car have to be running and in gear for the noise to be heard ( it would be very hard to hear over a diesel engine) or can you just have the ignition on and in either 1st or reverse gear ?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I had a look at the earlier module for your car but there wasn't any of those on ebay either. It may be worth a risk trying one from another car but you would need to ensure that the donor car had front and rear sensors because there are definitely two different ford part codes which would dictate they are different.

If I was to try one from another vehicle the only ones I thought may be ok were from a transit but then you could end up wasting £30/£40.

I may have a look on ford.7zap.com at the focus for the same year and see what that shows as that may be an indication as what else would work.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Has your car got auto park or just front and rear sensors.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Ok, so not much on tv tonight so we have had a bit of a look over the 7zap website which wasn't too successful. It appears that C-max, Focus, etc dont' list cars as have front and rear sensors, just rear sensors or active park assist. The only model which listed front and rear sensor is your model kuga and the transit. However when cross referencing the transit part number it comes back with 2014 on which may work but not sure how your sensors work. I see that some have a separate speaker where as on my kuga it comes through the stereo. It didn't list front and rear sensors for my model either, only rear or active park assist. I have come across the following.

On rear only sensors module says - Rear Parking Aid
On active park assist module says - Active Park Assist Module
On front and rear sensors module says - Parking Aid Module

You could try a parking aid module if it is cheap enough but I would try and get one that is from the same year as your car. It could be made to work if you have access to Forscan but I think one of our other members was unable to change any settings in PAM (park assist module) and haven't tried it myself.

Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you. I'll give it a try and let you know. You have been most helpful. Cheers.
Hi Snakeman, I just purchased a car with the same issue. If I find something I will let you know. For now all I know is that none of my sensors emit any sound and the flashing light comes on with the ignition. If I press the button I get a beep for a few seconds. Is yours the same?

Ian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you. I'll give it a try and let you know. You have been most helpful. Cheers.
Hi there, I have the same problem on my 2010 2.5 L 4x4 Kuga with the rear parking module. After putting in reverse it beeps for 3 or 4 seconds but the sensors don't seem to register any obstacles. Sometimes they do work for maybe 1 or 2 seconds. I tried following:

• Putting car in reverse and checking the sensors buy touching them. 3 sensors had this clicking vibrating, the one on the far left barely did anything ( could be the problem )
  • After that I removed the parking aid module and checked for any moisture. There was nothing. I blasted it with hot air gun anyway.
  • I then put everything back together and erased the faults with my scan tool but they immediately came back after putting in reverse. This week I will try live data and check the sensor and keep you updated

-

·
Registered
562 Posts
Follow this link to the workshop manual then about 200 pages in take a look at Section 413-13 Parking Aid where you will find a very detailed Diagnosis and Testing procedure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mate,

I just fixed my problem. My outer left sensor was broken. I did a live data reading and found the problem. ALWAYS CHECK your sensors before byuing the PAM Module !!!
I bought aftermarket sensors for 19,99 EUR and they work fine !

If you have any questions just ask.

Regards

Peter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts