Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga ST Line X 2021
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
I am a proud owner of a 2021 Kuga ST Line X auto but I am wondering if you all suggest using the Auto Parking Brake which comes on automatic when you stop .
There is the other option button but I am not sure which is best .

tha
I

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
794 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum @PatC
I drive an auto and only ever use the parking brake when I park up and switch off.
I tend to just use the foot brake when in traffic at the lights etc.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi @PatC,
I normally use mine sitting in traffic queues. Drop the car into neutral and put handbrake on. It stops dazzling the people behind especially when it is dark.
I tend to leave my hand on the gear lever after applying the brake as I have embarrassingly tried to pull away in neutral a couple of times.😱
You can knock the car into drive, put your foot on the brake pedal first, and drive away. The handbrake will auto-release

Reactions: NFFC

·
Registered
51 Posts
A bit off post, but has anyone's electric handbrake ever got stuck/not released? That is the little niggle that sits in the back of my mind when using the handbrake in traffic. Can be so embarrassing.

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
34 Posts
A bit off post, but has anyone's electric handbrake ever got stuck/not released? That is the little niggle that sits in the back of my mind when using the handbrake in traffic. Can be so embarrassing.
Never had this happen to me, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts